Nichola Sturgeon

Started by Scrumpy, February 15, 2023, 10:03:41 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I can't think who would replace her, she certainly is a strong character.  Maybe Alex Salmond fancies a second crack at FM,  who knows a joint Alba/SNP project ?

klondike

Didn't he get kicked out because of allegations up of sexual harassment? Probably not an easy route back. I don't think he is even an MSP still from a very brief search.

It's a bit like when the Tories gave Boris the boot - nobody around who anybody has heard of much. No obvious replacement.

Raven

Alex stood down after the 2014 vote as it didn't go the way he wanted. Nothing to do with sexual harassment at the time, that came later on and that's when himself and Nicola had the massive fall out.

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 16, 2023, 04:43:51 AMI wonder who will succeed her? And whoever it is, will they have the courage to stand up to the Greens, who are currently leading the SNP around by the nose? Look at the effect of the combination. In 2014, in the lead up to the referendum, 'Scotland's oil' was going to make this a land of milk and honey. Now oil and gas are dirty words to the SNP, thanks to the Greens. The A9, Scotland's most dangerous road, isn't getting much needed improvements, again thanks to the Greens who seem to think we should all go everywhere on foot, or if we are really good, on a bicycle.

The SNP need $120 a barrel at full max production to break even as an Economy.The Greens would never permit that as part of a coalition. They expect Scotland to scrape up Peat whilst sucking from Van der Leyen's barbed spoon! Sturgeon knew that and quite frankly her comical performance over what a 'Woman' was demonstrated her time was up, as she committed ceremonial 'harakiri'.  She really walked 'The Green Mile'. - ha ha ha.

I also was amazed at how a once astute politician also stated she didn't know if her husband had paid £100k to the SNP - yeah right!

I hope Ian Blackford gets it, at least he has a better sense of humour and he's a very bright man, who knows his limitations, but there appears to be a deal of hatred for him it seems? Hopefully they'll all blow each other up in their internecine rubbish exchange over 'TERFS' whatever that, they, he, she, it etc means. What a thoroughly nasty shower they all are and every bit as bad as the curmudgeonly Tories they loathe?

Quite simply 'Krankeys' personal vanity destroyed her. Like Thatcher, Blair, Cameron, May and Johnson.

I'm afraid a real 'piece of work' too and I celebrate her fall and only hope it remains terminal.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on February 16, 2023, 09:23:48 PMThe SNP need $120 a barrel at full max production to break even as an Economy.The Greens would never permit that as part of a coalition. They expect Scotland to scrape up Peat whilst sucking from Van der Leyen's barbed spoon! Sturgeon knew that and quite frankly her comical performance over what a 'Woman' was demonstrated her time was up, as she committed ceremonial 'harakiri'.  She really walked 'The Green Mile'. - ha ha ha.

I also was amazed at how a once astute politician also stated she didn't know if her husband had paid £100k to the SNP - yeah right!

I hope Ian Blackford gets it, at least he has a better sense of humour and he's a very bright man, who knows his limitations, but there appears to be a deal of hatred for him it seems? Hopefully they'll all blow each other up in their internecine rubbish exchange over 'TERFS' whatever that, they, he, she, it etc means. What a thoroughly nasty shower they all are and every bit as bad as the curmudgeonly Tories they loathe?

Quite simply 'Krankeys' personal vanity destroyed her. Like Thatcher, Blair, Cameron, May and Johnson.

I'm afraid a real 'piece of work' too and I celebrate her fall and only hope it remains terminal.
Well assessed.

I'm a Blackford fan too as it was mint comedy every time he stood up at PMQs.

However, he's an astute businessman & would probably do a decent job as First Minister, which is why I doubt he'll be selected.

As for Sturgeon, she was too dimwitted or arrogant to realise that her interview about the transgender male to female rapist in a female prison was designed to be a Take Your Pick Yes / No Interlude with the Yes / No being replace by He / She.

The only thing missing was Bob Danvers-Walker to hit the gong when she eventually lost her concentration & said 'he'.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I thought Blackford is an MP not an MSP unless he has been elected to the Scottish parliament since he stood down as SNP leader in Westminster.

Michael Rolls

at the moment he is an MP, not an MSP. There are precedents, however. When Salmon was still an MP (can't remember the dates offhand) he was the SNP leader overall, even though not an MSP - which changed, of course
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Watched an interview with him on the News last evening. He didn't seem interested in standing for the job. People here seem to think Kate Forbes, but  I am not so sure. She's not long had a baby and is still on maternity leave. Being FM is not a job for a new mum, remember Ruth Davidson? She packed it in as she seldom saw her baby.

Diasi

Copied from the HoP website "The Rt Hon Ian Blackford is the Scottish National Party MP for Ross, Skye and Lochaber".
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

That's his seat at Westminster. Note it says MP not MSP.

His own website says MP too
https://www.ianblackford.scot/

He could certainly be the SNP leader but I imagine you have to be an MSP to become First Minister which is the biggy.

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on February 17, 2023, 12:09:00 PMWatched an interview with him on the News last evening. He didn't seem interested in standing for the job. People here seem to think Kate Forbes, but  I am not so sure. She's not long had a baby and is still on maternity leave. Being FM is not a job for a new mum, remember Ruth Davidson? She packed it in as she seldom saw her baby.

Yes I think he's far too bright to fall for the ideology that allowed Sturgeon's intelligence gap to eventually believe her own nonsensical rubbish. Also whispers in the background about missing funds etc.

February 17, 2023, 02:42:11 PM
Quote from: Diasi on February 17, 2023, 09:42:10 AMWell assessed.

I'm a Blackford fan too as it was mint comedy every time he stood up at PMQs.

However, he's an astute businessman & would probably do a decent job as First Minister, which is why I doubt he'll be selected.

As for Sturgeon, she was too dimwitted or arrogant to realise that her interview about the transgender male to female rapist in a female prison was designed to be a Take Your Pick Yes / No Interlude with the Yes / No being replace by He / She.

The only thing missing was Bob Danvers-Walker to hit the gong when she eventually lost her concentration & said 'he'.

Michael Miles - gosh almost forgotten him and dear old Bob on the gong. They'll never recover to the failure as a Government that Sturgeon established. I'll never forget the dictatorial news updates on Covid, how she revelled in the power. She'll have to get in her bath now with a nice three bar electric fire to get that sort of thrill again. :check:

Alex

Will there be a statement about Mr Sturgeon ?   :busted:

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on February 17, 2023, 03:31:29 PMWill there be a statement about Mr Sturgeon ?   :busted:

Can't see it, after all he's Mr Macwoke and as we all know they have a different set of values, morals and seemingly legal legislation applicable to their actions, compared to the rest of the plebs. Still it will be wonderful watching them lie, wriggle and scrimmage for get-out platitudes, as the sewage of their own creation chokes them.

As Sherlock would say, 'Watson, The Games afoot'.

It definitely seems that,

'Hoots mon, theres a moose loose about this hoose'

Scrumpy

'She will have to get in her bath now with a nice three bar electric fire to get that sort of thrill again.'

Cassandra..  :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..