Nichola Sturgeon

Started by Scrumpy, February 15, 2023, 10:03:41 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

... to stand down.. !! Did I hear rightly.. !!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Very sudden - hope it's not health related - no reason for thinking it might be.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

No I don't think being pushed is the reason at all. Can't say I blame her really. The poor woman gets nagged and narked at no matter what she does, everything's her fault, I'm surprised she's not blamed for the bad weather as well. She has aged a good bit the last couple of years too. She gets death threats, foul Mail, and is threatened with all sorts of nasty things I would never last a week in that job. Sorry she's going though, but as she said, she's had enough. All that hate and vile talk ect. It's bound to affect your health in the long run.

Jacqueline

Nasty threats? What does she expect when she has betrayed her own sex, half the Scottish population?

GrannyMac

She didn't read the mood of the country about these criminals who decided they had become women. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 15, 2023, 10:38:34 AMVery sudden - hope it's not health related - no reason for thinking it might be.
I think it is health related --- mental health related.

Personally I'll be sorry to see her go, she was tailor-made for having the piss taken out of her.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

That was the longest resignation speech I've ever heard,  :cool: she certainly likes the sound of her own voice.  I wonder if the £600,000 will ever be found  ?  I don't think it's health related, three weeks ago she said she had "plenty in the tank" now she wants to spend more time with her niece and nephew ? yeah right.....

Sorry Raven but nowadays all politicians get hate mail, death threats etc. etc. unfortunately it's the way things are in politics today.   I'm sorry but there's more to this, truth will out eventually about this one trick pony..

p.s. interesting post on FB  Sturgeon - the woman who was brought down by other women for failing to protect women to satisfy a tiny minority of men

Jacqueline

Another thought, I wonder what well paying job she has been offered elsewhere? wait and see.

Alex

Wasn't she interested in a UN job? think I read that somewhere a while ago....

Michael Rolls

I wonder who will succeed her? And whoever it is, will they have the courage to stand up to the Greens, who are currently leading the SNP around by the nose? Look at the effect of the combination. In 2014, in the lead up to the referendum, 'Scotland's oil' was going to make this a land of milk and honey. Now oil and gas are dirty words to the SNP, thanks to the Greens. The A9, Scotland's most dangerous road, isn't getting much needed improvements, again thanks to the Greens who seem to think we should all go everywhere on foot, or if we are really good, on a bicycle.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

But not a donkey - think of the methane.