Covid

Started by 1955vintage, February 13, 2023, 09:56:52 AM

« previous - next »

1955vintage

After three years, my wife has suddenly got Covid. Neither of us have had it before, and we have had a full set of vaccinations. She went to hospital on Wednesday for a routine scan and went down on Friday. If you want to stay healthy , keep clear of the NHS and hospitals. She worked in the NHS for many years so she knows how bad the infection control is.

She had flu over Xmas and that was worse. We are self isolating, only taking the dog out for short walks on the beach, and I have cancelled golf. Seems strange after three years to finally get it.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Diasi

I have mixed with people who had Covid at the time but I've never done a Covid test so I could well have had it but didn't know I had it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I have never done a Covid test either..
The way it is at the moment having the covid infection can be mild or severe .. but it is unlikely to kill you if you have had your jabs.. 
I care not about those who choose not to..  
I was at the doctors a couple of weeks ago for blood tests.. very few were wearing face coverings.. 
I will not use the touch screen to check in.. too many germs lingering ..
I go to the reception and check in that way.. There are usually three receptionist sitting there doing little.. they always tell me that i can use the touch screen.. That is when my age comes in handy .. I tell them It's not working for me.. They would not dare leave their sentry post to come and show me.. So they book me in..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

I had covid last year.  When I notified the NHS, I had a text saying that an oximeter would be delivered the same day and every morning I had another text asking for a reading.
I felt well looked after.

Alex

I think I've escaped Covid, I've done enough tests, but not sure if my friend and I came back from Berlin in December 2019 - with it.  We were both very ill for weeks and the journey home was awful.  We could have imported it :grin: .

klondike

It's still around. My neignhbour caught it recently. Hospital is suspected source with him too.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on February 13, 2023, 04:47:31 PMWe could have imported it :grin: .
And therein lies the answer to the start of our pandemic .. 
And there we were .. blaming the Chinese. :busted:

GrannyMac

My GP believes I had Covid in January 2020 after a break in York, before it was widely known about. I was seriously unwell, only some months later when I was prescribed a steroid inhaler was there any improvement.  I've done a couple of tests, negative. OH and I had rotten chest infections/flu over Christmas. Mine lasted a couple of weeks, he's only just feeling ok.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

It appears that my wife has been mixing with royalty.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on February 13, 2023, 07:11:09 PMMy GP believes I had Covid in January 2020 after a break in York, before it was widely known about. I was seriously unwell, only some months later when I was prescribed a steroid inhaler was there any improvement.  I've done a couple of tests, negative. OH and I had rotten chest infections/flu over Christmas. Mine lasted a couple of weeks, he's only just feeling ok.
My daughter had a really bad infection of some sort a little while before Covid was announced. It reawoke the asthma she had been clear from for many many years. Covid? Maybe. Especially as they are saying it was around a long time before the Chinese admitted.

I had the long lasting virus that started as a cough just before Christmas, went to my chest and hung around for weeks. I didn't feel all that ill with that one though. I did a lateral flow and it came out negative. No idea what it was.

There have always been winter bugs. I think covid has made us more suspicious of them all rather than just writing them off as winter bugs like we used to.

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on February 13, 2023, 11:00:50 PMThere have always been winter bugs. I think covid has made us more suspicious of them all rather than just writing them off as winter bugs like we used to.
I agree with that..   Once upon a time we had 'winter bugs' .. now we talk about them and wonder if it is a result of covid..