Main Menu

Evri

Started by klondike, December 29, 2022, 10:44:27 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

other parcel lost.

Got a knock on the door. A bloke from over the road said he'd had a note that his parcel had been left with me. Well I'd had a delivery but it was something I'd ordered addressed to me. He showed me his "delivery picture" and it was recognisably my house but no parcel or person in view. After he'd gone I checked my Ring doorbell and there were no unknown callers - just some visitors, me going outside a couple of times and the woman who delivered my Evri parcel from Amazon. On a whim I checked my delivery photo and it looked pretty much identical to the one he'd shown me.

He had mentioned his house number but if I remembered it correctly it was a HIMO with a number of buttons so I couldn't tell him. I'm guessing she left it at some other nearby house but I've no idea which. I suspect she was new to the job as I'd never seen her before and Amazon seem to have outsourced a lot of deliveries to Evri DPD and Royal Mail recently.

Here's an Evri drivers Christmas tree....

Ashy

They call them the One Day Couriers.

You send a parcel and one day they'll deliver it, if you're lucky.

So I sent my urgent parcel by UPS overnight, and so far they've had it 6 days and the recipient is flying to Africa today and simply won't be there to receive it any more.

Diasi

One of the advantages of living in a small insignificant little backwater town is that we never have post (current strike action excepted) or parcel delivery problems.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I don't seem to get any delivery problems.. The drivers just open my porch door and place delivery inside..

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: Love the Christmas tree ...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

We don't have many problems with deliveries either, though a new driver sometimes has bother finding us. Once they know us they leave stuff in the greenhouse if nobodys about.

klondike

They don't have any problem with leaving stuff on my doorstep. Trouble is it's a high footfall area with a post office, Coop and school all within a couple of hundred yards so stuff could hardly be called safe there. 

Raven

Quote from: klondike on December 30, 2022, 12:16:38 PMThey don't have any problem with leaving stuff on my doorstep. Trouble is it's a high footfall area with a post office, Coop and school all within a couple of hundred yards so stuff could hardly be called safe there.

That's not a good idea then, we live a 1/2 a mile off the main road passing the farm grit track, so no passing people, you only come up the track if your coming here. Greenhouse is easily seen from the back door and stuff gets put in there safely.

klondike

Mostly they make an attempt to conceal stuff but the front is small and sparse. That said I've never had anything stolen but it could happen. Amazon are OK as you know pretty much when something is coming and will be in but that's not always the case with others and sometimes Amazon deliveries can get delayed too and it isn't always easy or possible to arrange to be in.