Seeing a doctor then ??

Started by alfred, January 10, 2022, 09:34:41 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Way back in time , during one winter as a young man then i went to the local surgery to which there were two doctors , both were good how ever one was a devout church goer, and non drinker, he was then a very much family man father of several children, i think four at the time, if and when i saw him he really checked me over like many of his patients, and rarely gave out sick certificates,

the other doctor by contrast was the exact opposite he liked his drink and several  times during the week he would be seen coming out of the off licence carrying a bag which in which i assume had several bottles of booze in it. you could hear the bottles clinking as he walked.

well on one winters day it had been very cold and the thermometer was well down , well i had a severe cold as many had,  and so i went and saw the  drinking doctor (as i nicknamed him then ,)

as i entered his room there he was almost sitting on the warm radiator , burning his bottom, ( don't mention piles )then he asked me what's wrong with me , i replied that's why i came to see him ,

the contrast of these two doctors was amazing one really efficient the other more of a slap dash type  who would easily give you a certificate for a week off work ,

Q; have you ever in the past had some sort of experience with a doctor
     if so will you share your memories with us,