One big cock up..

Started by Scrumpy, November 11, 2022, 08:59:54 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My yearly check up showed that I was borderline Diabetic.. as are most of my mates..
I saw the DOCTOR.. She advised me to lose a bit of weight.. and cut back on sugars.. and have another blood test in December..
A week later (telephone call from surgery) asking me to see Diabetic nurse.. also a letter from an optician to have (diabetic) screening..
I saw the nurse .. I passed the check up.. I mentioned the eye screening appointment..
'Just take it.. take anything that is offered to you... you are lucky to get in so quickly'..
No medication needed.. 
Some can't get treatment for love nor money.. some offered treatment when not needed.. 

My daughter Marnie has been having pain relief for the past 10 years.. Suddenly she is LOST IN THE SYSTEM..

How strange it all is..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Much of the NHS appears to me to be in a state of collapse. I can't recall the last time I saw a GP. Where are they all hiding? Maybe too busy paying hotel calls on asylum seekers? People dying waiting for ambulances. 7 million plus waiting list. 

Michael Rolls

I have to worry that the NHS is broken beyond effective repair unless something dramatic is done. It just isn't working. Increased life expectancy, very significant - and expensive - advances in medical science, mean that the model of the 1940s just can't cope with the 2020s
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Over here we pay around $120 per visit to a Doctor. House visits are typically $350. That said the service is very thorough and you are treated with unrushed humility and respect. No biddy, attack dog receptionists etc. Personally I'd far sooner have this type of arrangement. Yes it's OK for me because I can afford it, I here some say, but it also frees up time for other arrangements like the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" or Obamacare. A sort of free at point of access care for those of lesser income. I can talk to a 'medic' on Zoom for about $30. I found that most efficient, when an Edema the size of half a tennis ball suddenly materialised on the back my already paralysed (45 years) right hand a few weeks back. It was alarming to countenance but totally painless. I found a 40 min unhurried chat eventually traced its formation back a few hours when I'd been using a sink unblocking solvent that must have splashed on to it and having no feeling, it had sunk painlessly in to a very weak surface. Tilly went to the local drug store for a recommended embrocation and after application of same, the swelling subsided totally within 36 hours. 
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 11, 2022, 12:29:11 PMI have to worry that the NHS is broken beyond effective repair unless something dramatic is done. It just isn't working. Increased life expectancy, very significant - and expensive - advances in medical science, mean that the model of the 1940s just can't cope with the 2020s
Well what do we all expect with net migration running at 260,000 per year as at 2021.

I bet the 2022 figure will be much higher.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I reckon you've at the very least missed a zero there Phil...

Alex

I thought it was 42,000 so far this year ??

1955vintage

My wife retired from the NHS five years ago and has not stopped smiling since. The shambolic management and poor people management made the job a nightmare. Poor quality lazy people are mingling amongst hard working angels with impunity. Dumb incompetent people are being employed alongside highly professional competent people.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on November 11, 2022, 02:18:12 PMI reckon you've at the very least missed a zero there Phil...
Correct, I did so I've amended it.

Thanks for spotting it.  :upvote:

It's the total recorded ONS figure for net migration in 2021, so we can add another 100,000 to it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Alex on November 11, 2022, 02:24:16 PMI thought it was 42,000 so far this year ??
That's the illegals And Phil has corrected his number now too

Scrumpy

Quote from: 1955vintage on November 11, 2022, 03:29:44 PMMy wife retired from the NHS five years ago and has not stopped smiling since. The shambolic management and poor people management made the job a nightmare. Poor quality lazy people are mingling amongst hard working angels with impunity. Dumb incompetent people are being employed alongside highly professional competent people.
Your wife must have seen many changes..
So sad when there are many out there who are truly dedicated to patients and their care..

November 11, 2022, 06:54:43 PM
My granddaughter Hattie scalded her food a few weeks back.. It was a nasty burn..
The hospital cleaned it up and applied a dressing..
After two days Hattie had to go back for continuing treatment.. She was in much pain when the dressing was removed.. The WRONG dressing had been applied and it had done more damage..

Alex

You couldn't make that up !   Maybe her surgery nurse would be a better option Scrumpy ?

Scrumpy

Hattie was advised to go to A& E.. her surgery were not involved..