Had enough walking Dad

Started by Cassandra, November 10, 2022, 03:14:19 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I know I said I can't count,  but I can manage up to 3

klondike

Only three types of folk in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Cassandra

Quote from: 1955vintage on November 11, 2022, 03:33:27 PMPeter Falk was a famous Basset owner, alongside Clint Eastwood and Elvis. My wife prefers to tell people her husband has something in common with George Clooney, who also has a Basset.

Do you know if the dog in the series his own? It was certainly as eccentric as Columbo  :wink:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on November 11, 2022, 04:57:29 PMWell I'm sure that this thread has brought some pleasure at a time where there is so much doom & gloom.

So thanks Cassandra.  :upvote:

Thanks, Theres something rather special now about the weekends and being on my own here with just the creatures who share this delightful place with me. The dogs are such good company.

I forgot to mention that Albert and the 'Judge' have struck up quite a friendship these past months. A rather aggressive dog barged in on the filling station shop one day and us being in the drop head, Albert immediately disembarked came to his worship's defence and this unlikely alliance persuaded the aggressor to retreat.

Over here folk are really concerned on the integrity now of the mid term vote. Over 75% of exit polls thought Biden was unacceptable and yet he seemingly has 50% of the vote?

Alex

Have your old pals come back to UK now Cass ?

I've read here that the vote count is taking a long time, I don't imagine that instils confidence in the system. Is it mostly postal voting over there ?

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on November 11, 2022, 10:29:13 PMHave your old pals come back to UK now Cass ?

I've read here that the vote count is taking a long time, I don't imagine that instils confidence in the system. Is it mostly postal voting over there ?

My old mates still here, but he's been in 'Buffalo' with another old cricketing friend of his these past few weeks. He's due back on a 'Greyhound' Tuesday and he's staying till new year. He loves the lifestyle and is talking about applying for a long term visa or Citizenship application here. With his distinguished Sporting history and capital funding he should make it OK.

There has been a big rise in postal voting, these past 6 years which is logical as voting stations can be very distant. However it's 'alleged' that many older and particularly 'coloured' votes are open to 'harvesting' by coalescence (bungs) and that the Democrats are therefore best placed to influence this position?

1955vintage

The dog was not Peter Falk's but he made a huge impact in th eseries.

The Best Of Columbo's Dog | Columbo - YouTube

Falk did not like the idea at first, but the dog won him over.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

That would be great if your pal stays Cass, what a double act :grin:   We'll have to think of a name for you, like  "Cap & Stump"  ?  I'm sure someone on here could come up with a witty name for the duo. :grin: 

Didn't Sherlock Holmes have a Bassett Hound 1955 ?
p.s. I don't mean IN 1955,  I  just don;t know what to call you:) s'pose Vinty would be better 😁

1955vintage

No he did not, see below

Sherlock Holmes' Dogs (nationalpurebreddogday.com)

I have been called many names , mostly four lettered as my true name is Dave.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

Raven

Such a wee darling, but I bet she has yourself well trained to dance to her tune.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on November 11, 2022, 10:08:06 PMOver here folk are really concerned on the integrity now of the mid term vote. Over 75% of exit polls thought Biden was unacceptable and yet he seemingly has 50% of the vote?
I look at things rather dispassionately & from the viewpoint of what's reasonable to believe has happened.

In the 2020 US Elections Trump was in front, by a wide margin, at the end of the polling station voting but this big lead was wiped out & overturned when the postal votes were counted.

It has been proved that thousands of postal votes were from addresses that either didn't exist or were derelict buildings etc.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on November 13, 2022, 04:02:13 AMSuch a wee darling, but I bet she has yourself well trained to dance to her tune.

Bit hard to resist I find ...

In the bag.jpg

Michael Rolls

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
She is SO sweet!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]