Russians Not Welcome.

Started by Raven, September 29, 2022, 06:17:57 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Don't know what I make of this mad rush to leave their Homeland.

BBC News - Ukraine war: Finland closes border to Russian tourists
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63075892

Alex

I guess the young men don't want to be dragged into a war with their neighbours.  I think a lot have crossed over to Georgia and Azerbajthinggy.  It'll start to look like Calais soon. :cool:

Ashy

They should ask them if they're Finnish speaking.

klondike

They'll get a couple of weeks at best before heading to the front lines. Not even enough time to get their rusty AK47s cleaned let alone be taught which end the bullets come out.

Raven

It kind of makes me wonder how the young of the UK would act if they were suddenly called up. After all they are nothing like the young men who were called up for the last war.......Or so I'm told, I wasn't born then. But I believe most were proud to fight for their country.

klondike

I hope ours would never be called up for the sort of reason these young (and far from young) Russians are. I would also expect they'd get some proper training before going to a war zone. It was over 100 years ago that this countries young men were given a rifle and sent to the trenches to die by the million.

Raven

I hope to hell ours are never called up either. But I was meaning what would their reaction be. Would they say NO.

klondike

I don't think they'd have the balls to say no.

Scrumpy

I think the young  would be fine were they to be called up to defend their country.. and proud to do so..

Many of the  young men in Russia do not wish to fight their neighbours so they are getting out.. I feel sad for them.. and the mothers who have already lost their children ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

I wonder if they are anything like our youth who would want their AK47 to blue tooth to their app.