to save the earth

Started by crabbyob, January 06, 2022, 12:25:11 PM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

we must get rid of cows... every time they breathe out, they are poluting our planet...so..
could you live without cows? or
without beef
or milk?

Raven

Alex

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Wandering Walter

No I like my Beef and Milk, apparently its the Cows Farting that does damage to the planet not their breathing. 

klondike

Ah. Corks would be the thing then.....

zoony

The answer lies in the grass.. :wink: They've developed several feed strains and additives that reduce 'gas' output and modern feed sheds also have scrubbers fitted to the ventilation systems to further reduce emissions.. It's not either or, it's a matter of compromise to find the best solutions for now.. imo of course.. Then there are faecal transplants and stomach-windows that open and close.. Lots going on with gut microbes these days.. :grin: :grin:

crabbyob

Quote from: Wandering Walter on January 06, 2022, 08:33:17 PM
No I like my Beef and Milk, apparently its the Cows Farting that does damage to the planet not their breathing.
WRONG
sheep too, 80% of their breath is Methane

klondike

That was my understanding too.

Cows are bad for the planet in many ways...

• They take up land that could produce far more protein if used for growing lentils and other heathly (if pretty much inedible) stuff.
  • They burp methane constantly which is a far more powerful greenhouse gas than CO2.
  • Their poop as often as not rots away producing yet more methane.

Save the planet. Eat lentils.

Michael Rolls

If all we can eat are lentils (load of rubbish, anyway) I doubt the planet will be saved and I wonder if it is worth saving!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

You won't be living longer but it'll sure as hell feel like you are.

My father used to come up in goosebumps and shiver if anybody mentioned lentils.

Wandering Walter

Quote from: crabbyob on January 07, 2022, 10:20:26 AM
WRONG
sheep too, 80% of their breath is Methane

We are both right, Cows have more than one stomach they emit Methane at both ends they Fart and Burp Methane as do sheep, goats, pigs and chickens

klondike

Pigs? Pigs? Bejeysus does that mean I can't have me bacon butties?

Sod the planet  :sad:

Wandering Walter

:grin: :grin:

Apparently Humans produce large amounts of Methane, get rid of Baked Beans and Sprouts that should help

klondike

Sadly I can manage quite well without either.  :sad: