Fifteen Prime Ministers

Started by Alex, September 07, 2022, 04:51:02 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on September 08, 2022, 01:45:52 PMToday, even when the country is facing unprecidented peacetime problems, the damn news is wall-to-wall news about Lizzie Windsor who seems to be on the verge of checking out.

She is our Queen whether you like it or not..
The Lady is dying..

Liz Truss will be around for (maybe) a couple of years.. I think you will be hearing again and again what she and her party hope to do.. will do.. should do.. didn't do.. 

The time now belongs to this great woman who has played a big part in all of our lives.. She has well and truly earned respect..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 08, 2022, 02:20:59 PMShe is our Queen whether you like it or not..

The time now belongs to this great woman who has played a big part in all of our lives.
Please don't speak for me, she's played not the slightest part in my life & is of no significance to me whatsoever.

However, her condidtion is useful insomuch as the Government will be able to slip any bad news under the radar.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

I think you owe her an apology .
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Diasi

Quote from: 1955vintage on September 08, 2022, 06:38:25 PMI think you owe her an apology .
I owe her absolutely nothing, but if it helps you to deal with it you can bow to her photo on the telly, subserviently, & give your forelock a few tugs. Lol 

However, I am pleased that she didn't lie on a hard cold floor for 10 hours waiting for help to arrive.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

Pillock.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

JBR

Marge and I were very sorry when we heard of this.  I'm not a staunch royalist, but that woman has worked hard throughout her life and performed without ever putting a foot wrong.
I feel very lucky to have lived throughout her reign; she became queen in the same year I was born.  Perhaps not the best time to say this, but I'm not sure that Charlie-boy will perform as well as she has, nor be as well liked or respected by his subjects as well as she has been.

I think it's sad that one person on here seems to have no respect for a woman who has worked so hard throughout her entire life.  I'm sure he is very much in the minority.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on September 08, 2022, 07:43:18 PMPerhaps not the best time to say this, but I'm not sure that Charlie-boy will perform as well as she has, nor be as well liked or respected by his subjects as well as she has been.

I think it's sad that one person on here seems to have no respect for a woman who has worked so hard throughout her entire life.  I'm sure he is very much in the minority.
Charlie-boy? Is that your idea of showing respect?

As for being very much the minority, you have no idea whether or not I am.

Just as I don't know if you're very much in the majority.
[email protected]

Raven

I think Charles will be a very different type of king. He has a habit of doing things his way, he also said a while ago that he planned on slimming down the monarchy. That will have a few folk feeling worried as the wind of change starts to blow.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on September 08, 2022, 08:12:29 PMI think Charles will be a very different type of king. He has a habit of doing things his way, he also said a while ago that he planned on slimming down the monarchy. That will have a few folk feeling worried as the wind of change starts to blow.
I agree.  That's one thing that I should certainly agree with.
On the other hand, I hope that he shows more loyalty to the country than he did to Diana.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that he is unlikely to live up to the Queen's performance and her respect of most of the people of this country and, indeed, the world.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

It's a time of wait n see how things go with himself. Same with this new PM.

Scrumpy

I truly hope he slims down the monarchy... 
Far too many of them enjoying the privileges that royalty brings..
With people struggling to pay bills and keep their jobs it is not a good look seeing the likes of Andrew (for one) hiding away in comfort.. 

klondike

I'm not sure how many get public funding. Don't forget that the royal family have huge personal wealth and income. They are the descendants of the most successful badasses over many centuries and still have the spoils.

Ashy

You notice nobody has said what she died of?