Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

That seems expensive, how much does a new shower cost - or have you got one of these posh ones ?  :cool:  Mine is just an electric one over the bath

Alex

I popped out to the Asda earlier on for a birthday card - no tissues there by the way.  I then parked outside Dunelm Mill and on getting out of the car I looked down to see I'd got my "at home" kecks on, the ones with a hole in the knee.  Good job it wasn't Waitrose I'd visited.....  :grin: :grin:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on January 12, 2022, 04:02:56 PM
That seems expensive, how much does a new shower cost - or have you got one of these posh ones ?  :cool:  Mine is just an electric one over the bath
Not posh at all..
I have just a regular shower cubical not an electric one.. The pump is above it in the loft..
I have a hand held shower in the bath but it's not very powerful..  I prefer having a shower to a bath..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on January 12, 2022, 04:08:54 PM
I popped out to the Asda earlier on for a birthday card - no tissues there by the way.  I then parked outside Dunelm Mill and on getting out of the car I looked down to see I'd got my "at home" kecks on, the ones with a hole in the knee.  Good job it wasn't Waitrose I'd visited.....  :grin: :grin:

You would go down a bomb in the Co-op.

zoony

klondike

I'm guessing £650. I'm hoping it was a typo. That should be enough to have a brand new all singing all dancing electric power shower wired and plumbed in. £65 seems a bit on the cheap side with parts and two visits.

Scrumpy

I'm not talking bicycles here.. 
650 pounds.. Pumps don't come cheap..

Cassandra

I was in the local "Bike shop" the other day. In the line to the checkout in front of me I overheard two masked, helmeted 'peddlers' discussing their latest models etc. One had just paid $23,000 dollars for his steed! They spent $100 + on a sort of shiny vacuum flask each with a straw. I felt very insignificant coughing up a dollar forty for me Grasshopper bike clips! I followed them outside narrowly preventing Albert directing one of his West Ayrshire half gallon steamers onto this amazing machine, be-swathed in chains and locks!

As the conversation continued onto page 96, we were all treated to a demonstration of its proud owner lifting it above his shoulder prodigiously, with one finger under the crossbar. Pure titanium he pronounced, "Good God, I'd have thought it was Gold" I heard myself proclaiming. "It means as much to me as if it were", he responded whilst nearly shoving one of confounded things pedals into a passer by's lug hole whilst performing a pirouette of ectasy.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

zoony

I remember Clive James commenting, in his inimical manner on the riders in the Tour de France which he described as "These condom-clad competitors".. :grin:

Alex

Clive James was brilliant, I loved his humour

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Not as bad as £650 for a shower pump...

zoony