Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

She certainly gets a lot of exercise.  :grin:

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on January 07, 2022, 12:47:07 PM
No, they move it with their noses or hooves. I will pick it up and chuck it if it's near the fence, other than that they amuse themselves with it.
Bit like in the video I searched out to show you.

Super video Raven, must get them one of those big beach balls!

We were both awoken this morning by a repetitive thumping noise from outside and were concerned as it was coming from the stables.

On entering, the smaller one (Fantasy) was using his ball with the mouth grip to belabour the stable door akin to a servants bell. When we opened up I swore he gave us a big grin and nodded his head up and down, together with some excited snorting.

Dixie's more laid back he just muzzled up to me and seems most concerned that my right arm doesn't do anything. He keeps getting his nose under my elbow and tries to make it work?

Obviously they'd wanted a feed and to make sure we were still about. We had a coffee off the stove and enjoyed watching them munch away. They both seem very happy and Dixie was clearly delighted when Bo bought Albert over, they seem to have bonded straight away.

The other one was really excited when Chloe arrived shortly after - what wonderful creatures horses are - an absolute joy to behold.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 07, 2022, 12:53:52 PM
Cassandra.. Are you interested in marriage..? Asking for a friend.. :wink: :grin:

Thank you, The late Mrs Rumpole always told me "when I go, tell em all they've only got you on loan". After yesterdays exertions last night I had to get Bobo to pull my boots off and put me in the lift I was so sore with all the exertions. If I was on eBay I be marked with a 'fault' warning. :wink:

zoony

Quote from: Raven on January 07, 2022, 12:47:07 PM
No, they move it with their noses or hooves. I will pick it up and chuck it if it's near the fence, other than that they amuse themselves with it.
Bit like in the video I searched out to show you.

Just my little joke lass..Love the video clip. :grin:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Cassandra on January 07, 2022, 02:54:32 PM
Thank you, The late Mrs Rumpole always told me "when I go, tell em all they've only got you on loan". After yesterdays exertions last night I had to get Bobo to pull my boots off and put me in the lift I was so sore with all the exertions. If I was on eBay I be marked with a 'fault' warning. :wink:

Nice try Scrumpy!  :grin:

Cassandra, it's lovely to hear of your new life and your appreciation of your good fortune.  Long may you enjoy it.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 07, 2022, 04:22:35 PM
Nice try Scrumpy!  :grin:

Cassandra, it's lovely to hear of your new life and your appreciation of your good fortune.  Long may you enjoy it.

Thanks Granny, very kind of you to say so and much appreciated. It's bitter here just now - 7°c and dropping. Every day the vista is refreshed overnight by a sprinkling of snow. I'm now going to call the Horses in for the night, I can see their breath starkly now in the atmosphere. Their warmly coated and don't seem to care at all, but I worry too much I suppose. They seem very responsive though and gallop up as soon as they see or hear me, heads nodding followed by protracted face licking, which after only 24 hours makes me most honoured. It could also be perhaps the quarter bucket of fresh carrots that accompanies me with a few polo's to follow!  :wink:

Apart from not having a certain someone here to share it all, I can't remember feeling happier in my entire life ...

zoony

Good to hear that old thing.. A feeling to tuck away somewhere safe and warm. I'm sure she'll know where to find it.

Alex

Cass's 'way with words' has come in handy again with his descriptions of his home and his animals.   :upvote:

Scrumpy

I am going to bake a meat pie and some sausage rolls today...
How dull my life is compared to that of Cassandra..  :smiley:

Raven

I'm heading back to bed, feeling lousy. :cry:

Jacqueline

Poor you Raven, hope your soon better.  I am still in bed on this tablet, feel lazy.

Scrumpy

Poor you Raven.. Too much fresh air love.. !!  :smiley: :smiley:

Wandering Walter

Another grey rainy day at least its not snowing or that cold, walked to the corner shop earlier to get my paper and lottery tickets for tonight not venturing out again today, she who must be obeyed has gone shopping peace at last  :smiley:

Alex

I'm still in my DG.
It's wet and windy outside, I've got a well stocked fridge/freezer so think I'll stay in today.