Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Wandering Walter

Today was so much fun, I had a Hospital Appointment for a Lung Scan as I have been part of a research project for the last 3 years last scan was today, as soon I finished that had to drive the wife to Hospital in Mile End for her appointment waited nearly 2 hours  then deep joy I got to drive home on the North Circular Road in the rain at rush hour.

I have a headache now after all that excitement  :cry:

zoony

All very well Raven but surely the other will need a bat?

Cassandra

Quote from: zoony on January 06, 2022, 06:58:53 PM
Goodness me Cass! Moving over there has certainly changed your life in a big way and now you're a source of employment, wages and if I may, much happiness. And you know what they say about karma..! :grin:

Yes Mike as I've said before here I've been lucky in life. In some way PF was also responsible too! A while back I was stunned to find the value my 10 bitcoin were worth. I then remembered I'd bought a further ten the next day for the clerk of chambers who was with me at the time. When I offered them to him a few days later, he just laughed and said - "no I don't believe in them, but thanks, tell you what, just buy me lunch at Harrods instead". So I did, thinking he was probably very shrewd in his option selection and therefore I had 20 bitcoin standing me in at $120!

When Paul TTT on PF told me nearly a year ago I had 100's of 000's tied up I suddenly went very quiet, don't know if you recall it?

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,26938.msg554062.html#msg554062

How right he was and I had no idea about it. Somehow after converting them into dollars it made my mind up to just cash in the 7 cars stored in shrink-wrap at Husbands Bosworth that I never drove! Sell my father's London Barbican flat to the Arabian Embassy that tenanted it. To liquidate my own home, clear my taxes and hit the trail West to my 'other' country - the land of my American mother. At 76, I had more capital than I could ever spend and was travelling to a country where my currency had the edge, my pensions were valid and housing was comparatively inexpensive - if I got a move on. Finally very movingly I was taken to dinner one night by an old friend from Chambers, whom I taken Silk with way back. He advised he had just 4 months to live and was going to leave me everything (including a very valuable racehorse). It wasn't so much the money, just the fact that he was at 71 years of age no longer to be with me. The final seal on the deed of change had been waxed and set.

Over here already I've endowed two animal rescue centres, helped a little boy have a life changing operation and gained a family from the 'New World' of my mother's birth along the way. I now have the ability to help those I appreciate for their selflessness and kindness by the redistribution of that I have gained from a lifetimes work; my late wife's support, my parents achievements, a good friend and a huge slice of sheer good fortune from a chance take many years ago with less than a £100.

I have spent years in close ugly confines (cells) with some of the most intimidating individuals ever to draw breath from this earth's atmosphere. Who'd soiled it with their evil, repugnant violence and twisted malignancy. I'm pleased to be washed of it all at last and to be in a place I enjoy to the full and with people who know nothing of that past.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on January 06, 2022, 08:32:27 PM
Cass, sounds like your in your own private paradise. I know this may sound daft BUT, if your letting your horses have a paddock to plutter about in, have you thought about toys? Yes I did say toys. By accident we found our Clyde's like to play with a big ball, they tear about after it fair enjoying themselves and exercising at the same time.

Thanks Raven, along with the other bits came two of these, well worn in the box with them. One blue and one red, about a foot in diameter. Albert promptly made off with one, barking like mad and the young horse Fantasy chased after him and his long legs didn't take long to catch the little protagonist! I was a bit nervous but Rob said "leave em, he's used to playing with our dog and just wants a game".

Within a few minutes they were shoving it in the snow up to each other's noses and the horse was jumping about like a dog!  Heartlifting to watch. I'll have a look around the local horsey shop to get some more. We moved them into the stable block a couple of hours ago as it was getting really cold and their breath was steaming. They came in very gently and settled down quite happily. We'll feed them later on.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Building a whole new life there from the sound of it Cass. Keep the stories coming. Hearing good news in these drab days cheers me up for sure.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I'm enjoying hearing about your new life too Cass, so :upvote: yes keep it coming..

Scrumpy

Quote from: Wandering Walter on January 06, 2022, 08:40:06 PM
Today was so much fun, I had a Hospital Appointment for a Lung Scan as I have been part of a research project for the last 3 years last scan was today, as soon I finished that had to drive the wife to Hospital in Mile End for her appointment waited nearly 2 hours  then deep joy I got to drive home on the North Circular Road in the rain at rush hour.

I have a headache now after all that excitement  :cry:

North Circular .. Rush hour in the rain.. You are brave.. I would cry..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

thanks for that Cass i was surprised to find i was smiling as i read your tale... as previously stated...Karma...

Wandering Walter

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 07, 2022, 12:31:31 PM
North Circular .. Rush hour in the rain.. You are brave.. I would cry..

Cry not in front of she who must be obeyed  :smiley:

Raven

Quote from: zoony on January 06, 2022, 08:40:46 PM
All very well Raven but surely the other will need a bat?

No, they move it with their noses or hooves. I will pick it up and chuck it if it's near the fence, other than that they amuse themselves with it.
Bit like in the video I searched out to show you.

Scrumpy

Cassandra.. Are you interested in marriage..? Asking for a friend.. :wink: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I'm off to the hairdressers YIPPEE I'm beginning to look like Cheshire's answer to  Boris Johnson :yay: :yay: :yay:

Raven

klondike

That cheerleader should come with a health warning...