Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

zoony

Raven

It's not been looked after properly for years now and the heavy seas have washed all the support away. It's a short cut from East Thurso to Burnside, cutting out the town and a fair walk. It's a very busy stretch.

Scrumpy

Sunshine today but bitter winds..
The plumber came yesterday.. I need a new shower pump.. The one I have was not the right for the job.. More bloody expense..  The one I need is a few hundred.. Simon the plumber is a friend/neighbour so not trying to rip me off..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

First snow of the winter - not very heavy, but seems a bit determined.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Bitterly cold here today, I'm supposed to meet an old friend I haven't seen since Christmas, but West Kirby in this weather isn't ideal  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Raven

Not a lot, snow snow and more snow. Just played in the garden with Dageus instead of a walk he loves to catch snowballs, and tear around like a mad thing in fresh snow. No pool either, it was a total white out and I didn't fancy driving in it. Might get in this afternoon if it stops.

zoony

Expecting a parcel so responded to a loud knocking at 08.30 (!) to find a bloke asking about a car parked on the road..Mine is on the drive.. Tried hard not to be Mr Angry. 10.30 the parcel came and a 'get-well-soon' card from 'Your little bestie', Mia. Written for her but she signed it.  :grin:  Dennis had to tell her I was poorly again the other day cos he really couldn't bring her with.. :shh:

Sheila

Quote from: Alex on January 06, 2022, 11:46:14 AM
Bitterly cold here today, I'm supposed to meet an old friend I haven't seen since Christmas, but West Kirby in this weather isn't ideal  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Had you planned a walk Alex, maybe round the boating lake?  It's too cold for a walk today.

I had quite a good morning and sorted out several irritations, finally getting my prescription, bought a washing machine and managed to return an item to Amazon via the local Co-op.  The Hermes driver had failed to turn up several times.

Cassandra

Moderate snow, very cold - 8°c last night, but beautiful. The pic is where my wood meets the Lake inlet this morning.

The 'horses' (yes two of them) arrived yesterday for a choice selection and 'Rob' (dealer's son) stayed overnight (snow delayed his arrival) to put them through their paces in the paddock early on today with me.

I couldn't make my mind up which one to take? Consequently I now have both, in a very fair deal. I also took several bales of hay, a saddle, blankets and various other equine essentials including cold weather horse-coats. Rob and Bobo erected the 'flat pack trap' as well.

I have presented one of the little horses to Bobo's grand daughter, she had accompanied him at 7am to see them.

She can keep him here and come whenever, to ride them in the wood and grounds. The young lady collapsed in tears when I told her!

She had taken the day off to 'help' her dad and has been riding and grooming them both ever since. "Their very, very clever" she advised!

We also had a 'Cowboy's' breakfast on the griddle in the stable to celebrate, complete with a coffee pot on the stove, before Rob hit the snowy roads back.

Where the wood meets the Lake
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

zoony

Such a lovely thing to do for Bobo's granddaughter! I'm not surprised she was a bit weepy..Mind you, I see some method to it cos she'll not confine her efforts to just the one horse will she?  :grin: :hmm:

Cassandra

Quote from: zoony on January 06, 2022, 05:08:38 PM
Such a lovely thing to do for Bobo's granddaughter! I'm not surprised she was a bit weepy..Mind you, I see some method to it cos she'll not confine her efforts to just the one horse will she?  :grin: :hmm:

Absolutely and she'll come up early on in the mornings to feed them and to muck them out late afternoon. It also frees up her 'grand-dad' to get on with his stuff as well. Right now, we've left them coated up in the paddock to settle in a bit and then around 3pm Bobo and I will gather them into the stable, turn the heating on and feed them. Chloe and I are going for a 'running in' ride/walk together with the steeds Saturday morning and Bobo's going to accompany us as 'safety officer'. Until then they can exercise in the paddock like today.

The upkeep here, whilst not enormous is certainly enough for a man in his sixties to achieve in a 25 hour week, (in reality he does more). Trouble is taking a Bourbon and chatting with 'The Judge' and Coop plus a few other retirees who drop in late afternoon keeps him fully and I know most happily employed. He's staying over tonight, with the snow, the roads freeze up fast in the afternoons. There's a stew in the slow cooker for us later on, via the lady who housekeeps during the week. She used to look after my predecessor and was thrilled (as was I) to be able to carry on here. Remarkably like 'Tillie' who was in that great film 'Guess who's coming to Dinner.' A real character - for example "may I say sir your hair could do with a little trim - uh hah, an I could be doing that for you - yes siree I was a hairdresser once you know". Ten minutes later I shorn!

Priceless, she 'loves English folk' and was also shedding tears this morning over the horse thing!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

zoony

Goodness me Cass! Moving over there has certainly changed your life in a big way and now you're a source of employment, wages and if I may, much happiness. And you know what they say about karma..! :grin:

Scrumpy

Cassandra... 
I love every word you write.. I can picture it all in my mind.. You truly have found that thing called contentment.. x
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: Sheila on January 06, 2022, 01:14:24 PM
Had you planned a walk Alex, maybe round the boating lake?  It's too cold for a walk today.

I had quite a good morning and sorted out several irritations, finally getting my prescription, bought a washing machine and managed to return an item to Amazon via the local Co-op.  The Hermes driver had failed to turn up several times.

No, no walking for me these days Sheila, I just wanted to go to the Mill Shop.

Raven

Cass, sounds like your in your own private paradise. I know this may sound daft BUT, if your letting your horses have a paddock to plutter about in, have you thought about toys? Yes I did say toys. By accident we found our Clyde's like to play with a big ball, they tear about after it fair enjoying themselves and exercising at the same time.