Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Nothing planned today.. Just a bit of this and that..
My water hose was laying across the garden all night.. The two cats that visit, Kenneth and Milo, just sat on the fence staring at it.. Both too frightened to step into the garden..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

I've just cleaned the bathroom and ended up on my hands and knees giving the floor a good going over.

I did the same with the kitchen floor yesterday.  We have Karndean and a neighbour recommended a mop that has a little spray on the handle so that the floor does not get too wet.  I got a bucket of water with Stardrops, squeezed out the cloth and rubbed hard.  The water went black so obviously the mop is not too effective!

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 26, 2022, 09:24:04 AM

Nothing planned today.. Just a bit of this and that..
My water hose was laying across the garden all night.. The two cats that visit, Kenneth and Milo, just sat on the fence staring at it.. Both too frightened to step into the garden..

I've got two toy snakes on the stones in my front garden, the neighbour's cats used it as a giant litter tray- until the snakes arrived.  Fingers crossed they seem to have done the trick.
My old girl has got a cracked coolant pipe, at least we think that's what it is.  Does anyone know if it's a big job on a Fiesta or could hazzard a guess at cost ?

klondike

I bet the man who quotes for it sucks his teeth first  :grin:

Replacing a rubber hose shouldn't cost much but why did you say cracked? That sounds more like a metal  pipe.

Alex

I think it's plastic klondike, my lad checked the oil for me at weekend and said there was no coolant.  He topped it up with some water and said I need to go to the garage incase the pipe is cracked. 

klondike

I'll pass on cost but if all the coolant had leaked you'd have known about it PDQ with red lights and steam.

Alex

My lad said I was lucky the engine didn't overheat or something like that.  Maybe a bit of Gaffa tape will do the trick ? :grin: :grin: :grin:

klondike

Gaffer tape is great for fixing all manner of problems. Unfortunately water leaks isn't one of them except for a (very) short term emergency.

I have used a screwdriver to fix one at the roadside years ago in the days when I always carried a full tool kit (and frequently needed it). I had a Hillman Imp. Engine in back. Long heater hoses ran through sills. One burst. Car full of steam. I was able to block off the hose by ramming a screwdriver handle into it and tightening up the hose clamp. Can't recall how I blocked the other end. May have been by just turning the heater off.

klondike

If it is the radiator that is leaking then it could be expensive. There are cheap bodges that sometimes work and sometimes even for quite a while. You need to find out where the leak is and that can only be done by looking. if it is the rad then a garage will just replace it which is probably the correct decision but something like Radweld if it is still around might work and put off the evil day when your purse requires a serious massage.

Still around. May well be a waste of money but I imagine a new rad will be at least a three figure sum. Pipes a lot less.

Alex

klondike

I knew that but... if you are stuck at the side of the road then anything is worth a try. It would slow a leak down and might get you to a garage. I've pinched water out of somebodies swimming pool in the past. Best not mention other stop gap solutions to the out of water problem I've used....

Aren't modern cars just amazing compared to the junk of years gone by? Rare to see one broken down now let alone suffer a breakdown yourself.

Flying Bomb

This morning I started work on my next animated film, ''.Green Type,'
not that anyone here has the slightest interest.

60 years ago I made my first typewritten film, hence shown on TV.
At that time a green type had no story, now it does
as Green does battle with CO2. !!

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

-Oy-

An early start as I drive north to photograph a steam train over Arnside Viaduct (hopefully!)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Scrumpy

Off out to visit some beautiful gardens..  Wisley.. No sun here today..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..