Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

zoony

Quote from: Alex on December 31, 2021, 09:26:16 PM
Bet it wasn't corned beef stew though  :yahoo:

Nice to be where sympathy flows like tar.. [1180]

Alex

If you'd broken your arm or scalded yourself I'd have been sympathetic Zoony :nooo: :nooo:

zoony

Cassandra

Quote from: zoony on December 31, 2021, 09:19:08 PM
Not sure what he's been eating on that pic but it ain' porridge..  :grin:

He'd decided to try and lug half a tree around for a few hours, got proper dirty and completely knackered himself in the process. A hose down in the sauna (his new favourite place) soon sorted him out though. He promptly slept all afternoon!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

Scrumpy

I have been in the park.. In the shop and having lunch .. with a drink.. Cheers everyone..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Raven

We've been over to the Town's wee beach front to watch all the mad New Year Dookers. It was crazy and funny to watch. :grin: Photos to follow later.
Heading out to watch a Surfing Comp in a few minutes, more photos to follow.  :smiley:

zoony

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Cassandra

Quote from: crabbyob on January 01, 2022, 11:22:18 AM
he was built to survive.. :scot:

He has a very adroit Scottish brain crabbyob and wraps me round his little paws a treat - thankfully. :smiley:

zoony

I stole his picture long ago. Him with head cocked and ears akimbo peering into the camera? It's my screen saver. Last and first thing I see so I greet him each day and wish him goodnight each night.  :grin:

Cassandra

Quote from: zoony on January 01, 2022, 05:47:37 PM
I stole his picture long ago. Him with head cocked and ears akimbo peering into the camera? It's my screen saver. Last and first thing I see so I greet him each day and wish him goodnight each night.  :grin:

He'd (like me) would really appreciate that Zoon :embarrassed: A funny little chap, with not a bad bone in his wee body, a product of utter ruin, somehow he has emerged unspoilt and is very popular locally now, as is his little sister.

I had an hour this morning on a 'Kentucky Walking Horse', at my cousin's neighbours place. He was delightful, about 11 hands (44") at the shoulder and are bred here for carrying adults with disabilities and other limitations, or teaching children horse-care. Easy to mount from a small stand and convenient to groom, they are to all intents and purposes a 2/3 scale horse.

A lady friend, who loved horses taught me to ride fifty years ago. There's a breeder of these delightfully tolerant creatures in our neighbouring county. Also they have a highly trained 7 year old of this breed for sale (a Grade B Dressage champion apparently) and attach his picture. I'm going to see him Thursday. I'd ride around the grounds here, especially the woods, where his sure-footedness would be very re-assuring! My relatives and friends revealed how concerned they are about me using the quad bike one handed and alone; to be honest so am I! He's highway familiar too - so we could jog into our local centre, as many locals still do. Horses and Ponies on the roads are far more apparent over here and I was surprised at how many homes, like mine have stable blocks.(see pic below). Boris resides in the Clock tower for company! This photo also shows the pony (similar dimensions to the breed I mention) that once occupied here back when everything was built about 12 years ago. The one I rode today, like the one on offer also pulls a small two wheel trap, which can be got quite reasonably in the States.

It depends I suppose how I get on with the individual animal and how the dogs react too. This morning Albert was most interested in 'Spike' and they got on really well. He was on a 12 yard lead, but just trotted along at the horses ankles. Young Madam just nestled in her 'sling carrier' on my chest. I suppose if your only a foot high, being on any horseback provides majestic views and she was totally laid back over the whole affair. Highly amusing, almost regal, she had the ladies swooning and generally everyone in fits.

[automatically pruned due to age]