Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Morning all, sunny and cold here again.
Gaaawd Raven, what did you do ? 

klondike

Looks pretty horrible Raven. I'm guessing you twisted it somehow. Hope you recover soon.

Sheila

What on earth did you do?  That looks so sore.

Raven

I caught my foot under a tree root in the forest when I was out with the dog, then I fell as my boot jammed fast. I was stuck for a while as I couldn't get free, a couple came along with their dog and got me out by getting my boot off, then they helped me back to the car. It hurt like hell using the clutch but I got home ok and the road was quiet. All my own fault and I feel such an ass.  :cry:

Scrumpy

I don't see how it could be your fault Raven..
I hope you are up and about very soon.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Thanks Scrumpy, It was my own fault as I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. Usually I do but this time my mind was away elsewhere.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Raven on April 09, 2022, 12:06:33 PM
I won't be doing anything much for a few days. :cry: can hardly hobble across the room. legs swollen up to twice it's size and foots black n blue.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
What happened? Looks really painful - ah - just read on and seen the explanation - take care - hope it gets better quickly
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

Quote from: Raven on April 09, 2022, 03:41:18 PM
I caught my foot under a tree root in the forest when I was out with the dog, then I fell as my boot jammed fast. I was stuck for a while as I couldn't get free, a couple came along with their dog and got me out by getting my boot off, then they helped me back to the car. It hurt like hell using the clutch but I got home ok and the road was quiet. All my own fault and I feel such an ass.  :cry:

Poor you Rox, looks nasty and this morning I know exactly how you feel. Caught my foot in a new plastic 'runner' late last night and went down quite heavily, bouncing off the furniture (wooden) before landing on the floor.. I simply couldn't get myself up so eventually had to call 999. They warned me of a long wait and they didn't lie but I did.. for 6+ hours as the room got colder and the bruising developed, before my turn came. The paramedics were brilliant though and soon got me stood up again dismissing my embarrassment with cheery words. They even made me a hot coffee!...I was much more embarrassed than injured but they knew that. Bless you boys! :upvote:

Michael Rolls

this sort of thing is so worrying for those of us on our own. I have a community alarm which, if I need to activate it, first off alerts a couple of neighbours, then if they don't respond, the emergency social services team and/or the ambulance - not sure which.
Looking at my diary it is quite frightening to see the number of times Veronica fell and couldn't get up without my help.
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Well I had intended to attend the 4:30am run which I saw Brain announced was restarting but I don't recall dreaming about that at all. I hope somebody did or poor Brian will have to dream of it all on his lonesome.

-Oy-

Bit of a blank canvas today. I suspect it will involve bacon and photography :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Michael Rolls

going round to my neighbour for a chat and a cold collation at 1830
Mike
[email protected]

Sheila

I've been suffering from Covid exhaustion and brain fog but feel a bit better this morning and have started a spring clean in the spare bedroom.  I have been sleeping there while I have been ill and the cat has come in for cuddles but my daughter is allergic to cats and is coming for a visit on Thursday.

I'm just going to enlist Paul's help to move the bed so that I can dust behind it and collect all the tissues, lip salves etc.

She was all right last time she came, probably because we had got rid of some of the carpets and had Karndean put down.  Our cat has very long fur and is moulting so had better get the antihistamine out!

Alex

Morning all, what a beautiful day it is here.  I sat in the garden with my coffee earlier on, the sun is deceiving it's pretty cold.
Glad you're ok now Zoony, do you not have a nearby neighbour for emergencies only ? Six hours is a long time to lie there.
I'm laid up with a bad back, I'm sure it's connected to my leg  :grin: if you know what I mean  :grin: 
Living on your own does have advantages, but as I get older it seems the disadvantages outweigh them.
Another week to look forward to though, we plod on eh !

Scrumpy

Hi ... I am still upright.. touch wood... :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..