Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

Quote from: Diasi on March 25, 2022, 10:10:51 PM
I've just started to do a lasting Power of Attorney online.

Please let us know how you get on.  I've been trying to persuade Paul to do one for ages.  I did the old enduring power of attorney and gave it to one of my daughters years ago.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Well, the trial run of the paella went reasonably well – quite tasty. When being served it in Spanish restaurants in their traditional cast iron dishes, you think 'One dish meal – great!' What I didn't realise is just how much preparation goes into that 'one dish'. Suffice to say that the kitchen looks as though hit by at least two bombs.
Can improve – it needed more onion and more paprika and less liquid – had to pour some off whilst cooking – always a sign of failure. Have decided that I will inflict it upon my neighbour – makes a change from my usual fare. Undecided what to serve with it – as it is basically white meat – prawns, king prawns, cod, chicken – I had a rather nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with it, but up the spiciness and I think a light red would be OK – perhaps a village or even, seeing it is after all a Spanish dish, even a Rioja
Mike 
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I let Hattie cut my hair.. I told her to go straight across.. no 'ups' and 'downs'... She did good..So I paid her 20 pounds... Far cheaper them my hairdresser..  :clap: :yahoo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I went for blood tests for the Galleri Trial, I was only there 20 minutes or so and they gave me a £10 voucher for my time  :grin:
It started raining tonight, can't complain though we've have a cracking few days of sunshine.

zoony

I came back from Macc to find a letter giving me £45 to help " in these difficult times."

klondike

Deliveries today but the weather looks dodgy anyway. Had planned on an evening fishing trip but that is off as sitting in the mud while getting pelted by cold rain is no fun.

Raven

Morning, It's colder today than yesterday sheeeze. :angry: When will Spring return? We had to bring the lambs in last night and put the heating lamps on for the wee souls.
Been for my swim, popped into Tesco, and have to walk the Hairy One shortly, then my nose is not moving out the door again today, unless Himself should need me and I hope to blazes he doesn't.
This is our weather for today.

[automatically pruned due to age]

Michael Rolls

Mid-morning yesterday 15c. Today 3C
[email protected]

hugh

The weather certainly put a stop to me working in the garden and I am once again insolation making ready for an eye op on Friday. Cataract being removed from my right eye should help me see my golf ball land. Petrol prices I just put £20 in the tank and do not look at the price far easier than worrying about it.
The weather certainly been kind to me, able to play golf in warm sun shine, this week in isolation so let it snow I do not care :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Happy Golfer

klondike

Quote from: hugh on March 30, 2022, 03:39:29 PM
Petrol prices I just put £20 in the tank and do not look at the price far easier than worrying about it.
Until that ain't enough to cover the trip to the garage and back...

hugh

Not much we can do about the price of petrol, I could get it a couple of pence cheaper at Tesco but the extra distance not worth while.

Price of fuel going to make every one cut back on spending where ever they can. If you drive a car or not you will be paying for it.
Happy Golfer

Raven

Morning, Am in a grump as I'll have to go out and scrape all the blooming ice off my car, it's thick with it. But I can't go for my swim without doing it. Then I'll have to scrape again before I can get back home. :angry: Can't park it in the sun as the carpark doesn't get any till later in the day. I'm tempted to say "Sod It" and go back to bed.
Nothing much on later today, just dog walking, lamb checking, house chores.

Michael Rolls

Taking my neighbour to Dundee for his train to Aberdeen for his flight to Orkney - just a thrill a minute.
Mike
[email protected]

Dayjo

Quote from: hugh on March 30, 2022, 03:39:29 PM
The weather certainly put a stop to me working in the garden and I am once again insolation making ready for an eye op on Friday. Cataract being removed from my right eye should help me see my golf ball land.

Hoping all goes well for you tomorrow, Hugh....  :upvote:
As you slide down the banister of life.
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction.