Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

it was said that the northern fisherfolk refuse to learn to swim because if they went overboard in the icy seas being able to swim might prolong the agony of freezing to death and drowning was much prefered and quicker..

klondike

Raven

Quote from: crabbyob on March 10, 2022, 10:43:15 AM
it is amazing the fascination we have with the sea, we can just look at it for ages, and it can and does form our moods....

Your spot on, ever since I first saw the ocean as a wee nipper on Mull, I have always been drawn to it, plus both on Mull and here I can see and sometimes hear it from the back door. :clap: There is one wee small Cove that is my "Go to Place" not able to see it from the road, you have to know where it is and how to reach it. The waves are always huge there, I won't let Dageus in the water, it's too wild and neither of us could cope in that water. I go up and sit on top of one of the rocks and have a coffee from my small flask while I just breathe in the sight and sound of the crashing waves.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

crabbyob

if global warming happens you will be over-run

Raven

Some of the "The high Spring Tides" can do that already.  :wink:

crabbyob

there was a great clip on you-tube but i cant find it of a dog in India in about eight inches of seawater posing for the video when a bit of seaweed floats up and touches its leg..... it almost does a sumersault getting out of the water... i wondered if it had seen 'Jaws'... or do they all have that built in knowledge. like a cats fear of snakes, how many generations since a brit cat saw a snake?

Raven

Quote from: crabbyob on March 11, 2022, 10:47:58 AM
there was a great clip on you-tube but i cant find it of a dog in India in about eight inches of seawater posing for the video when a bit of seaweed floats up and touches its leg..... it almost does a sumersault getting out of the water... i wondered if it had seen 'Jaws'... or do they all have that built in knowledge. like a cats fear of snakes, how many generations since a brit cat saw a snake?

I've seen one like that with a horse........Soooo funny.

-Oy-

Off to see a steam loco heading North in an hour or so then Mrs Oy and I are off to Southport for a wander down the pier and a late lunch.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Raven

Morning, Weather can't make up it's mind what to do, we've had everything but snow so far this morning. Walked the Hairy One up river and fed Mrs Swan who's now superglued to her nest, but near enough for me to throw her food that she gobbled up.
Not sure if we're eating in or out this evening, himself is in a dithering mood.  :rolleyes: If he doesn't tell me by lunch time then we're eating here as I'll have to start cooking. MEN...Sigh

Scrumpy

Beautiful sunshine here. Did a shop very early this morning.. and a bit of painting..
Might watch Peaky Blinders later.. I haven't started the latest series yet..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

Me either but I prefer a good binge sometimes rather than an episode at a time..

Scrumpy

I don't like to leave it too long Zoony.. just in case the press reveal something ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

Easy enough to avoid the press though I agree, they can spoil it by saying too much in one headline.

-Oy-

Today I have been up to the Settle-Carlisle Railway to photograph a ncie Steam loco hauled train. Plus a few landscape photo spots along the way.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."