Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Dayjo

My roofer/ builder man, came yesterday.
Booked him 2 weeks ago, to repoint the chimney cowl. (Stitch in time).
He's had to work at ground level, during the storms.....
As you slide down the banister of life.
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction.

zoony

I have a vision of a bloke with a really long-handled trowel.. :grin: 
Turns out that the fella I found IS the honest man from last year. I got his land-line number from Care UK..Now I'll wait until he gets down from whichever roof he's on..

GrannyMac

I dried some bedding and towels on the line, result!  The sun was out, and the wind was belting.  I've been to the pool, then the hairdressers.  My daughter is staying tonight, she's off to Manchester in the morning to some hospital, work related. I love it when one of them stays.

We were really fortunate, in September we had a guy secure all our ridge tiles, and check the chimney stacks, happily they're ok.  That saved us a few bob.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

zoony

Every roofer for miles is jammed with work so I may not get mine done for some time.. :worried:

Dayjo

Our man, Patrick. Told me he had 20 phone calls, on Monday.
"There's a lot of work about".....
As you slide down the banister of life.
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction.

-Oy-

Today I caught the train to Preston. Had a mooch about. Took some photos. Had some beers :grin:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

zoony

Quote from: Dayjo on February 23, 2022, 09:19:23 PM
Our man, Patrick. Told me he had 20 phone calls, on Monday.
"There's a lot of work about".....

I had a couple of tiles blow off last year, and I mean 'two'. A couple of 'roofers' were going to charge me £350-£400 to fix it before I accidentally found an honest guy who was just driving past in his van. He looked at the roof and said it would be no more than £90.  Which is what he charged. I've tried him and he's up to his neck in work but he gave me the number of his nephew who is in that trade. Weelsea.  :smiley:

Michael Rolls

it's snowing again, although so far (0410) not as heavily as last Friday
Mike 🤞🤞🤞
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Still snowing at 0715 and getting heavier
Mike 😢😢
[email protected]

Raven

Not a lot by the look of things, Snow, Snow and more bloody Snow. Himself was against me going into town for my swim as the snows deep and still coming down fast and thick. We are also suppose to be having Thunder Storms today as well.....Oh Joy.
Looks like I'll be cooking for the freezer instead, got mince defrosting at the moment to make Spag Bol and a load of Tatties and Onions to peel for a big pot of Stovies. Will Dageus get a walk? Not at the moment, can't see the through the snow to the bottom of the garden.  :cry:

Michael Rolls

snow here has stopped for the moment, but forecast to return soon. Unlike Friday, only a couple of inches, but the snow in the lane is already churned up and the temperature is dropping. Already been to the cemetery so it's indoors for the rest of the day
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

we had some sleetish rain, but then it turnd very dark and belted down but its just drizzling now but the sky is lighter, still no snow for Donny...

Alex

The sun is shining here, lovely day so what am I doing on here ?  :yahoo:

zoony

Having fun listening to the newsreaders wrestling with different pronunciations of 'Kiev'. No idea why we suddenly have 'Kyiv', 'Kyff', 'Kief'or 'Kiiv'..

klondike

Looked at the errant CCTV camera. Problem with the cable. No power. Got caught in sleet while replacing it. Camera now working again. Just one minor problem - the one next to it has now stopped working. Hey ho. That will have to wait a while as I have other stuff needs doing.