Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

A stiff toddy Maddie  :upvote: hope you feel better soon.   

zoony

G'day Raven, Alex, Diasi, Hugh and poor Maddie..Just about to make a large pot of coffee. Started emergency meds yesterday as a last resort so fingers crossed. At least, I'm awake before 1pm.  :grin:

hugh

Good afternoon everyone get well soon Maddie. My two sons came and spent a couple of hours with me which help to pass the day. Soon be time to take Roxy for her afternoon walk then it will be time to sort out my Christmas dinner. That sorted my Nephew as just called to invite me round. Hugh
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

hugh

Hello Mike not posted on the PF because I couldn't, and when I did manage to write a post I could not post it. I did miss the PF family but was invited to rejoin the Common Room and now happily settled in. If and when Chris gets the PF sorted from troubles I will become active again if I am not banned in the mean time. Would not surprise me if Chris wasn't already reading our posts.  Hugh
Happy Golfer

Sheila

Well I thought we were having a day in because my granddaughter has covid.  She has been staying with a relative who also has covid in an effort to not infect her brother and my daughter. 

She was still positive yesterday so has not come home and all the rest of us tested negative so Paul and I went to my daughter's for Christmas dinner.  We carried food and presents to the 'poorly house', put it on the step and stood back. 

klondike

Quote from: hugh on December 25, 2021, 04:52:38 PMWould not surprise me if Chris wasn't already reading our posts.  Hugh
It's obviously possible but I doubt it. My impression is that Chris has pretty much lost interest in his forum. If he hadn't the regular downtime problem would have been sorted out.

I'm not even sure why he deleted Scrumpy's invite to this one. It isn't as if this is being touted as an alternative. Just somewhere  that doesn't keep crashing and you can use if you wanted to use PF and found it was down.

hugh

When the breakaway happened, which was done on the in use PM system at the time. He knew about it within minutes. Chris banned them, but none of them wanted to leave the PF. Jane wanted the experience of running a forum of her own and Nigel set it up for her. It was never intended to be a breakaway. It was going to be Jane and a few friends only.
Happy Golfer

klondike

I see. You came here after I had to remove PM but have been able to reinstate it. The reason I had to take it down was because the forum code sent notifications of PMs by email including the message text using the webmaster email. Despite the DO NOT REPLY note somebody obviously did and the reply then turned up in the webmaster's inbox. That's how he would have known about it quickly because reply or not every message would be in the outbox.

As I am piggybacking my Gmail account for forum emails there is a limit on daily messages. I found a patch which removed the text of the message from the template but didn't stop a message being sent. I had to trawl the code to try to stop that. I didn't find the place it was sent from when PMs are sent but I did find the function that sends all mails and did a quick and dirty patch to check the message being sent and bale out if it was a PM notification. Not the correct way to do it but good enough to let me reinstate personal messaging.

Raven

Errmm Question, You said Chris knew about the breakaway within minutes, it was done on the forums PM System. How did he know?  :hmm:  Was he able to read members private messages? That is not on if he could read them.  :shocked:

hugh

Good question Raven, I don't suppose we will ever find out how he responded so quick..Hugh
Happy Golfer

Raven

Quote from: hugh on December 25, 2021, 08:00:40 PM
Good question Raven, I don't suppose we will ever find out how he responded so quick..Hugh

Unless,
1. Chris is actually posting on the forum as a member and has never let on.  :evil:
2. Somebody went telling tales.  :downvote:

hugh

Rule out number one Raven even if he was a member he would not have known It was kept as a secret among 4 members I believe. It was by email I got to know about its location later. Hugh
Happy Golfer

Raven

I wasn't involved with it, I was feeling pretty fed up with things around that time and I took a VERY long break. Over a year in fact.  [2010]
It all took place while I was away.

Mark

Quote from: hugh on December 25, 2021, 08:00:40 PM
I already told you
Quote from: klondike on December 25, 2021, 06:39:08 PM
I see. You came here after I had to remove PM but have been able to reinstate it. The reason I had to take it down was because the forum code sent notifications of PMs by email including the message text using the webmaster email. Despite the DO NOT REPLY note somebody obviously did and the reply then turned up in the webmaster's inbox. That's how he would have known about it quickly because reply or not every message would be in the outbox.
I had to stop it doing that regardless of privacy to make sure the number of emails sent by the forum was low.