Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Warm.. A bit cloudy (good)... Decking is being cleaned today.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 17, 2023, 08:23:05 AMfrequently! Any particular reason today?

Yes, This article. There was a real row last year about the Perth Swimming Pool being closed as they say it wasn't making money. HAH, the place is always heaving, anyway they said they didn't have the money to keep it open. Now they find enough money for this, it will be the death blow for the Perth Pools. It's not as if there are others nearby for the swimmers to use, yes there's Bannatynes but that costs a lot more and you have to sign up for a year minimum, and kids are only in for restricted times and not many. That's why I liked it there when I was a member, I could swim without kids getting in the way.
I think there's going to be trouble over this.

https://www.bam.com/en/press/press-releases/2023/6/work-on-the-new-ps36-million-blairgowrie-recreation-centre-gets

Michael Rolls

£36 millions? Bloody hell - we used to build hospitals for less that that!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

morty

Afternoon ... the real world is demanding attention just now (hpw dare it!) ... and the weather has worn me down. I wilt quick .... 

Cloudy today with the promise of thunder tomorrow.

Michael Rolls

surprised when my s-i-l in Hereford said she had rain! Just we did
[email protected]

Alex

Awful thunder storm here at the moment, it's lighting up the sky and banging like those really loud fireworks!  Hope it doesn't last long.......now to find a film on Netflix

klondike

I could do with some of that. I gave up and put my car through a carwash the other day but it seems there is a load of muck in the air that light drizzle is depositing all over it and it looks filthy again.

Probably depleted uranium dust blown over from Ukraine.

Scrumpy

I was going to stain newly cleaned decking but it's too hot.. 
The decking looks brilliant.. But, some rotten bits.. I'll get someone to sort it.. I am not replacing the whole lot.. just the few rotten bits..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

morty

I'd love a good downpour and thunderstorm ... it's gone very heavy and still here but so far no luck.
I've got a 10p bet with Mr M riding on this.

Michael Rolls

been very close all day, but hopefullly the forecast will be right and we will get rain tomorrow and Tuesday🤞🤞🤞
[email protected]

morty

I've had one or two rumbles of thunder, not much .... oh but some rain fell too. 
Bliss! Absolute bliss ... it feels a bit cooler. I don't function too well in hot weather.

Michael Rolls

At last! Rain! And quite heavy, and very welcome. Almost as though the weather has awoken from a fit of amnesia and remembered that this, after all, is Scotland! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
[email protected]

Raven

Morning, it started raining last night and is still it's coming down, and boy do we need it. A wee bit cooler but still very muggy and humid, real headache weather for me.......Groan.
Heading out to the pool at 7am, then my latte watching the ocean for 15 minutes or so.
Heading over to Wick later for my big monthly stock up, and wander along the cliffs to Castle Sinclair with Dageus.
There's a big new statue in Wick dedicated to the people who lost their lives in the sea, will go and have a nose before coming home....will post photo later.
Nothing planned for the rest of the day, will see how I feel and what the weather's up to.

GrannyMac

Nice to wake up and see the garden after the rain.  We have a hospital visit for OH today, he's having a bone scan. It'll take up most of the afternoon.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

We had a bit of rain yesterday evening but nothing of any significance & certainly not enough to freshen up the lawns.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]