Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Not great news here I was sent home on Sunday afternoon and things went down rapidly. It's way too soon but I'm glad I'm here, the kids are here too as Dunc has to return up north.
Anyway last night I was in agony sobbing most of the night, couldn't get comfortable and the pain just kept coming. Regan phoned the GP at 8am and the Doc called soon after, she said the meds I was on was far too low a dose for what had happened to me, and I am now on a 4mls of morphine every 4 hours with top up pain killers in between. I have not to lie down to sleep it's to be propped up on a load of pillows with one under the buggered knee. I was put back in bed for a few hours in that position and got some sleep at last. :zzz:  I've to catch up on sleep over the next few days and then think about exercises once the pain is under control. She also told me I didn't just break the leg I shattered it, hence the nuts n bolts and massive long surgery. What a mess.  :cry:
Regan has to call the GP again on Friday and discuss how it's going and meds ect.
Sooooo that's my cheerie news.

Raven

The nurse took 50+ clips out of my leg on Sunday morning, bit ouchy but not too bad. This is my poor out of shape massively swollen leg now.
3 scars for the furure instead of just the one. 2 on the front and another round the side.

Jacqueline

Oh you poor little thing Raven, you have been through it.  It's scary when you are first sent home, at least in hospital you have someone to call on when there's a problem. You would have thought the hospital would have got the pain meds right, at least your GP has sorted it out. All you can do now is be patient while you heal, you are past the worst now.  The exercises are important when you feel able to do them.

I thought you would be much longer in hospital, 30 years ago when my daughter had her accident and broke both of her legs she was in for three months, things have moved on thank goodness.   Jac xx

Raven

I think they are desperate for the beds, and some of the wards are closed because of Covid. Even the staff were starting to be off work with flu like symptoms.

Jacqueline

If that's the case you are better off out of there, the last thing you want is to catch Covid or Flu after all you have been through.

Scrumpy

I think you are a real trouper.. You are allowed to cry.. I would bloody cry if I was going through your pain ..
Thank goodness the doctor was phoned and upped the medication..
Just imagine the stories you can tell..!! You can make it sound really exciting.. And you will have the scars to show.. much more interesting..
You can tell the grandchildren that you fought off a fierce dragon.. They love all that..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I was a pirate and run through by a sword as proven by the two scars either side of my paunch. I'm not sure it was believed though...

Alex

My God Raven you're certainly going through the mill.  I'm glad they have your pain under control, it can only get better from now on.  Chin up  :upvote:

Michael Rolls

Raven, here's hoping the pain goes down quickly - living with it must be a nightmare - and from the sound of things at Ninewells, you are probably well out of the place - you certainly don't want to risk catching anything on top of your leg problem.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Lots of sunshine today.. Warmed the motor up.. just to remove all the ice.. She purred like a kitten..
Early appointment tomorrow.. Hope we don't get a heavy frost tonight.. 
 Sam's job. !!! . Defrosting the motor..

Scrumpy

I had an appointment early this morning.. I cancelled.. Roads and pavements too dangerous..   The thought of slipping over is scary..   Especially after reading of Raven's experiences.

Raven

Scrumpy get ice grips on your winter boots. I know I keep going on about them but they have saved me a few times. Nothing to be ashamed of by wearing them if they save you from getting hurt. If I'd had my grip boots on that time I'm pretty sure the fall wouldn't have happened.  :smiley:

Michael Rolls

I also have some, thanks to Raven's recommendation and I can thoroughly recommend them
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Morning, Pain is starting to come under control a bit more now, and I get up off my chair a few times through the day and have a slow walk through to the dining room and back around the living room. Not much I know but it's stretching the leg and making it work. Sleeping a lot as I still need it but managed 10 hours in my bed last night. Regan left a syringe of swollowing morphine on the bedside cabinet and I took that around 2.30am.
Nothing else to report, life is slow and healing just now. Dageus is home and we both sobbed over each other like a couple of twerps, and he's not left my side since, gets quite huffy when he has to sit on the couch when I'm up on my feet.
Have a good day people.

klondike

Walking on it at all sounds a big deal to me. Well done and I hope you continue well with your recovery.