Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 27, 2022, 09:34:05 AMAlexa could be right hen.. !!
I thought you was posh not Glaswegian  :grin:

June 27, 2022, 10:26:31 AM
That app is Ventusky also available on the web as a website. I used to have an excellent one Dark Sky it would alert you if there was going to be a shower but sodding Apple bought them out. Well worth a look if you have an iPad or iPhone but as its Apple I expect you have to pay through the nose for it now. It used to be £2.99 for an annual sub which is what I pay for Ventusky on android to get extra data overlays.

Michael Rolls

rain on and off all day so far. Tesco delivery to be the high point of the day!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Same here. Nothing spectacular just on and off drizel that makes taking a walk risky.

GrannyMac

Home again after a rainy drive through the Peak District after a relaxing weekend at our son's.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I'm bored today.  I do not feel like housework or gardening.  Just made myself a pork schnitzel and even that was a flop.  Very tasty but the breadcrumbs fell off :grin:  :grin:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

-Oy-

I've been away in Bridlington today (and tomorrow) photographing seabirds - main targets are Gannets and Puffins. In other news - today i've been asked to photograph 6 of the forthcoming UEFA Women's Euro 2022 football matches. I've never photographed women's football at that level so i'm really looking forward to it.   
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

Well done to get the recognition and the assignment.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

-Oy-

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

-Oy-

After a hearty breakfast of various piggy based products it's off up to Bempton Cliffs for day two of budgie bothering :) hoping to see the rare albatross that's been spied there. Probably the only wild albatross in the northern hemisphere. Should be in the Falklands area! 

Raven

Wet here today and the ground's nice and soft sooooooo it's out to yank the weeds while it's easy to do so. I often weed in the wet, the soft misty rain not the heavyish showers.

klondike

I'm not sure if it's the same in Scotland but from observation in Wales the locals call any water droplets in the air less than rice size mist. Nothing less than pea size is declared to be rain  :smiley:

Sheila

We've just had a pleasant ramble round the local River View Park.  There are always people walking dogs there as there is no traffic and we saw one big dog who wouldn't cross to the car park as he obviously wanted to go round again.  In the end the owner had to pick him up and stagger to the car with him!

The wildlife was interesting - baby hares, hawks, swans, a heron, moorhens etc.

We have to pass an Aldi on the way home so picked a few lazy dinners up.  I had bought a moussaka there a while ago not expecting it to be very good but I enjoyed it so got another.  I seem to remember someone on here saying their lasagne is tasty so I picked one of those up as well.