Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Cheers folks.

Alex, nothing ongoing such as physio was mentioned, and no strapping.  Just over the counter meds.  I've had problems with my knee for a while, GP gave me painkillers, and it didn't stopped me exercising, but this is a different level of pain! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

GrannyMac.. That sounds bloody painful.. Glad you had your OH to help..  
A walking stick.!!!! You are now officially old.. :yay: :clap:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

You're right Scrumpy! I take my reasonable health and mobility for granted. Today has been a reminder not to. Its a mix between crutch and walking stick. I'm pretending its a sports injury 😂

Michael Rolls

sorry to hear of your pain, granny. Get well soon!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

-Oy-

Get well soon GrannyMac!

It's been a stressful two days here so relaxing today and going out to sit in a bird hide taking photos.

Mt 83yr old Mum has a history of heart problems, and on Sunday morning she dialed 999 as her heart rate was all over the place from 50-150. Not good.

999 call said they would send an ambulance but current waiting time was 8hrs! She lives 2min from the hospital! So Mrs Oy went and picked her up in the car and took her in.

Eventually they decided they needed to keep her in overnight. Which they did. On a trolley in the corridor with two drips and heart monitor. :yell:

The Cardiologist saw her mid morning and she came home (I went for her) at 4pm yesterday.

Some changes to her medication and a daily visit by someone for the next week and it looks like she's ok.

..... aaaaand breathe!

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

We seem to have been going through a spell of injuries and illnesses just recently. I'm guessing that zoony could be out of hospital by now but still poorly.

Scrumpy

Zoony is not out of hospital as yet..
 -Oy-  Laying on a trolley overnight at 83 is very uncomfortable.. old bones and all that.. !

Scrumpy

I got all ready to paint my wooden front porch then found some of the wood rotten.. Went on to our local neighbours site and asked for help.. A man who , lives down the road , is popping in later.. 
Result..  :clap: :yahoo:

Raven

Morning, Still headache weather here today, not helped by the fact on my way home the damn PDF Filter light came on in my car on the way back from the pool. :angry:  Now I'll have to drive over to the A9 and belt down the road in 3rd gear fast, untill it clears, bloody thing, never ever will I have another diesel car. They were great till some idiot meddled with things and put them on the newer diesel cars. Ggggrrrrrr.
Planning to work in the garden this afternoon the weeds are on the up...Again. Double Ggggrrrrrr.

Michael Rolls

remedial massage 14:30 and that's about it. looks a dry day and timewise on the slippery slope - the longest day is behind us
Mike  [2080]
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Very warm here.. I struck gold yesterday.. The handyman called.. and he will replace the rotten wood on porch and fill in some wide cracks .. 150 pounds.. What a result..  :clap: :yahoo:
He only lives down the road.. !!!

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

klondike

Near is good. He knows if he bodges the job it will be the talk of the Co-op  :grin:

Scrumpy

Absolutely.. I will tell Tracey  all about it..