Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Heatwave? What heatwave. :cry: It was 13 degrees when I came back from the pool at 8.30am this morning, and I could hardly see the oncoming traffic for the heavy rain.
Even Dageus hasn't had his walk yet as I didn't want drenched. :yell: It's lessened a bit now so we will hopefully get to the woods soon. [1100]

-Oy-

Father's day weekend begins with an evening session with my Son in my old local craft beer bar back in our old town  :yahoo: :yay:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Michael Rolls

just spoken to s-i-l in Hereford - as here, cool and drizzling. I think it must be a London heatwave!
Mike  :boo:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 18, 2022, 10:10:33 AMjust spoken to s-i-l in Hereford - as here, cool and drizzling. I think it must be a London heatwave!
Mike  :boo:

Here's your answer Mike.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61838517

-Oy-

Father's day weekend day two. Also Grandad's day :) Family meal in a bit and a glass of my prezzie later - a nice bottle of Bushmills 16yr old single malt  :yahoo:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Raven on June 18, 2022, 10:36:40 AMHere's your answer Mike.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61838517
We wuz robbed! Actually, I now have 43C - but only in the conservatory, which being single glazed is a hothouse when the sun shines. Outside a tad different. 15C and a bitingly cold wind. To sit out, one would need an overcoat! Some heatwave
Mike

June 18, 2022, 01:35:46 PM
Quote from: -Oy- on June 18, 2022, 11:56:53 AMFather's day weekend sat too. Also Grandad's day :) Family meal in a bit and a glass of my prezzie later - a nice bottle of Bushmills 16yr old single malt  :yahoo:
Yum, yum!
[email protected]

klondike

Double glazing wouldn't make it cooler. Needs a roof to have any chance of that.

Scrumpy

7:30 Early morning walk in the park.. It was beautiful.. I sat by the lake.. No coat .
Heatwave has cooled.. 
Filled up with petrol on the way home.. I didn't look at the price but the needle moved bloody fast and 20 pounds was soon on display.. Might clean the motor later..

Alex.. Glad the cat is back.. It's a worry when it's someone else's pet.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

our heatwave continues - a whole 14C - walked wearing my Barbour!
Mike
[email protected]

Alex

Thanks Scrumps, my friend is back today, she's been on a cruise down the Rhine. 
I'm Betty No Mates today, done some washing, eaten stuff I know I shouldn't and at last, the sun has poked his face out at 4pm.

Raven

Morning, Going to have a topsy turvy day today because of my eye test appointment at 9am. I have to take The Hairy One away for his walk early, so leaving shortly. Be at the appointment by 9am hopefully out the back of ten but am parking up at the sea front so I will be able to sit in the car with a coffee untill my eyes clear for driving home. Luckily it's not a long walk back to the car from the opticians. Tesco then home, will maybe get to the pool this afternoon but it will really depend on the weather.

GrannyMac

Got out of bed around 6am, something gave in my knee and the pain was unbearable. Rang 111, was advised to go to A&E as I knew It was unlikely I'd get into the GPs. I couldn't put my foot down, OH got me a wheelchair from the car, and I was triaged quickly, around 7am.  Four hours later I was seen, its ligament damage, here's some paracetamol and ibuprofen, and a walking stick. 

Fortunately we're 15 mins tops from the hospital, but I dread to think what would have happened if I'd gone later.  It was packed! OH has been great, but it made me realise how difficult it would have been had I lived alone. Stranded upstairs possibly, struggling to carry a hot drink etc. Still in lots of pain, not a happy bunny.

:bandaged:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Ohhhhh poor you, I've been there and done just that, it was the start of all my knee problems. 👀

Alex

GM that's just what happened to me 18 months ago.  Something gave way in my knee, the most unbelievable pain.  My son got me to A & E and after hours of waiting the doc said it was most likely ligament damage.  I was given Codeine and crutches, plus they strapped the knee up.

18 months down the line a new physio said on my notes a previous physio had written "meniscal tear" nobody told me ! New physio said it wouldn't have shown up on an X Ray (which I was given) but it would have shown on a scan, which I wasn't offered.
Keep taking the pills GM and I hope it starts to ease a little soon  :upvote:

klondike

Not good. Hope it gets better soon Mac. I've had the odd knee problem but nothing big. Something else to look forward to  I suppose  :worried: