Free travel..!!

Started by Scrumpy, Yesterday at 09:48:43 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

On my NextDoor site someone put a pic up of two lads (16) sitting on a train.. They didn't have any tickets and when the ticket collector ask for them they brazenly told her they didn't have any.. Her hands were tied.. she couldn't do a thing.. 
Members of the site had mixed views about this.. Most said it was disgusting to allow these yobs to get away without paying..
One stupid MAN said .. 'They are only kids.. and kids are doing it all the time'
I don't class 16 year olds as kids..
One passenger said she was paying 20 pounds a day to do the same ride.. 
Letting them get away with this behaviour is encouraging kids and adults to do the same..
We are a weak society and fear has made us so..

They did not wear hoodies and they even had window seats..  :nooo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

That's the trouble with those safety locked doors.

JBR

Reminds me of the Robin Hood tales set in 'lawless Britain'.

I think the country has now come full circle.  Today, lawless Britain; tomorrow muslim Britain.
I consider myself lucky to be 72 this year and to have departed this life, and sad country, before it becomes even worse.

By my reckoning, the plunge into Hell began around the year 2000.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Quote from: JBR on Yesterday at 11:54:58 AMReminds me of the Robin Hood tales set in 'lawless Britain'.

I think the country has now come full circle.  Today, lawless Britain; tomorrow muslim Britain.
I consider myself lucky to be 72 this year and to have departed this life, and sad country, before it becomes even worse.

By my reckoning, the plunge into Hell began around the year 2000.

Much as it grieves me, I have to agree with you. I never thought this Country would be brought down, never in my wildest dreams, and never like this.  :cry:

Scrumpy

They were rude to the ticket lady.. Nobody on the train said a word..

And that is the way we are going.. too frightened to say anything.. 

Yesterday at 01:03:10 PM

One white guy and one black guy..

JBR

Quote from: Raven on Yesterday at 12:31:51 PMMuch as it grieves me, I have to agree with you. I never thought this Country would be brought down, never in my wildest dreams, and never like this.  :cry:
Yes, and it makes me sad, after having lived through all the years in which I felt proud to be living in this wonderful civilised country.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

We didn't ride anything for free.. No money.. no ride..
We walked..

Even now I wouldn't dream of getting on any transport without any money.. I would be too scared..

klondike

Quote from: JBR on Yesterday at 11:54:58 AMBy my reckoning, the plunge into Hell began around the year 2000.
7 February 1992 by mine

Raven

Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 03:05:05 PM7 February 1992 by mine

I was a lively young Raven back then, full blue/black plumage not the platinum I sport these days. :smiley:

GrannyMac

See it, say it, sort it. Thats the mantra of the British Transport Police.  I'd love them to suddenly appear in these type of situations!  

https://www.btp.police.uk/police-forces/british-transport-police/areas/campaigns/see-it-say-it-sorted/
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 03:05:05 PM7 February 1992 by mine
Indeed, the start of the EU but 2000 was when Bliar opened the floodgates.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]