It's Good News day.

Started by Diasi, August 27, 2022, 08:08:00 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

I do like to start the day by reading good news that cheers me up.

https://bit.ly/3PTMzP8
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

That's his job on Trip Adviser up for grabs... 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

doesn't seem to be much of a loss
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 27, 2022, 08:28:34 AMThat's his job on Trip Adviser up for grabs...
Lol.

It did make me think of Tesco, 'every little helps'. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Such a nice man too. He will be sorely missed.......Not. :wink:

Alex

Is it any wonder people hate the gypsies/travellers/romany whatever you want to call them. No matter where they go, they cause chaos.

Michael Rolls

Had some for a few days in the park at Coupar Angus. What is it with these people? They left rubbish behind which the council had to clear up - and the tethered horse they had with them left a fair amount of equine excrement to add to the overall mess.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

New Zealand, eh?
Well, at least it isn't only us who 'benefits' from their regular visits.

On the other hand, when I was teaching we had the occasional visit (not every year) from a 'traveller' family who asked us to admit their children, one of whom was in my class.

I have to say that their children were very well behaved and, not surprisingly, their parents were very supportive indeed, certainly a big improvement on some of the local families who imposed their brats on us.

They weren't there for very long - less than a term I think - but I'd welcome them back any time.  They were certainly nothing like the yobs you see in the press: trespassing and ruining the land with their damage and mess.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Makes a change though JBR. There's been a a huge hoohah about a memorial in the main cemetery here. The self named 'king of the gypsies' is still causing controversy!  37 tons of sheer class:

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2022-03-23/37-tonne-marble-headstone-for-traveller-king-breached-planning-permission

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 28, 2022, 07:48:29 AMMakes a change though JBR. There's been a a huge hoohah about a memorial in the main cemetery here. The self named 'king of the gypsies' is still causing controversy!  37 tons of sheer class:

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2022-03-23/37-tonne-marble-headstone-for-traveller-king-breached-planning-permission

How unsightly is that.. !! It even has a jukebox.!! Just goes to show how much money some of these gypsies have. !!  and not all of it is made from selling tarmac from the M25 .

klondike

At least it won't annoy his neighbours  :grin:

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on August 28, 2022, 10:14:56 AMAt least it won't annoy his neighbours  :grin:
Neighbours.. !!  I bet there are no garden gnomes on the graves.. !!

klondike

My friends even had some pound shop solar lights stolen by the buggers. I can't see why parking laws aren't used to tackle the ones who regularly camp on the recreation ground across the road from me. Tow the caravans and vehicles and crush them. It's what they'd likely do if I did the same thing.

Scrumpy

Human Rights .. Free to roam.. and all that crap..
I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of them..

JBR

Hang on.  Isn't Ireland in the EU, and we are not?
Then why is it that we have to jump through hoops to gain admittance to the EU, yet they can come and go into this country whenever they please.

No planning permission?  I bet it will never be pulled down by the hopeless council.
We should just accept the future and simply hand over this country to anyone who wants it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire