Close to a scam

Started by klondike, August 09, 2022, 04:26:12 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I bought something on eBay which is coming by Evri (Hermes new name). The email to confirm they have it says...

Help to reduce the carbon footprint of your parcel by up to 90%*
By diverting your parcel to a ParcelShop or locker

As it happens post was charged separately but even if it wasn't it is included in the price. So I paid for something to be delivered to my door and the courier charged for that. Now they want me to volunteer to go and pick it up with some spurious BS about carbon saving.

Can somebody explain to me why me going out and starting up a cold vehicle to drive to a pickup point, find somewhere to park then driving back home is going to save 90% of the carbon emissions from delivering my parcel? Certainly dumping off all their local deliveries at a single location will save them some money but that's about all that will be saved IMO.

Ashy

I agree. I live within walking distance of a Hermes shop but I would only have a parcel dropped there if I knew there would be nobody in to receive it. The same courier who would deliver it to me would leave it at the shop. That's without considering whether carbon dioxide is my enemy or my friend.

Michael Rolls

they lie to save themselves money
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

In this case it's a guaranteed delivery, whereas a residence they may have to try up to three times, so it is a money saver. 

klondike

Glad I didn't forgo the home delivery....

Alex

-Oy-

What did you order? I want six :halo:
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm pretty much certain that you don't...

Alex

Is that syrup to pour over ice cream ?  :cool:  :cool:

klondike

If you are volunteering to test it...

Alex

Did I say that ? I don't want to know what it's for now, I've lost interest........ :spam:

Ashy

klondike

I got an email asking me to rate the delivery. 

I thought long and hard and settled on 5 stars but no comment...  :smiley:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on August 09, 2022, 04:26:12 PMI bought something on eBay which is coming by Evri (Hermes new name). The email to confirm they have it says...

Help to reduce the carbon footprint of your parcel by up to 90%*
By diverting your parcel to a ParcelShop or locker

As it happens post was charged separately but even if it wasn't it is included in the price. So I paid for something to be delivered to my door and the courier charged for that. Now they want me to volunteer to go and pick it up with some spurious BS about carbon saving.

Can somebody explain to me why me going out and starting up a cold vehicle to drive to a pickup point, find somewhere to park then driving back home is going to save 90% of the carbon emissions from delivering my parcel? Certainly dumping off all their local deliveries at a single location will save them some money but that's about all that will be saved IMO.

But if they dump 100 parcels a 100 people will have to get themselves to the collection point.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Yep. Hence my title - Close to a scam.

Fooling those who fully buy into  Net Zero without careful any consideration of the details is taking advantage of the intellectually challenged at its worst IMO.