Raven

Started by Scrumpy, June 21, 2022, 12:00:30 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My daughter , Marnie , and her husband is doing a motorbike ride in Scotland..
Some of the places they have visited so far..
 WICK.. ( World's shortest street)  Ullapool Harbour  Bealach na Ba  Isle of Sky..

They had one traffic jam that involved 2 cars.. 6 cattle and a motor bike..  :grin:
 She said it is a beautiful country.. and they are loving it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Hope the weather keeps good for them. Wick is about a half hour East from here, wonder if they visited Sinclair Castle ruins, I love it there, one of my favourite walks with Dageus. Are they doing the NC500 then? It's really very busy in the summer. I like Ullapool as well, the view through the cliffs that the ferry takes to Lewis is to die for, I could stare out at it all day, the people who's homes are along the front are very lucky. I have been over on the ferry several times taking my grands over to see their dad, I stayed in a BnB with Dagues and explored the island while they were with their dad.
I think the West Coast is the best for the views, so wild, empty, and dark in the Glen's.

Scrumpy

Hi Raven..  They flew up to Scotland.. The bikes are hired.. and the route is already planned for them..
It has been a bit windy  and there was one area where Marnie said was a bit scary.. She is talking about the road.. I will find out where that was.. 
I do know that they are loving it..

Scrumpy

Marnie said that the scariest bit was Bealach na Ba. Apple Cross Pass..
 She  flies home today.. She has enjoyed every moment..

Raven

Yes I know it, it's over on the West. I've only driven it once a few years ago. I was heading back to Perth and the A9 was a nightmare with miles n miles of it roadworks, between here and Dingwall. I thought it might be quicker going down the west coast, it was I think, but a good bit longer in miles as I has the extra 100 miles across the top of Scotland to drive.

IMG_20220623_112816.jpg

Scrumpy

Thank you for the ride Raven...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Wonderful ride Raven thanks so much, think I would take it a bit slower myself though.  Stunningly beautiful.