weird banking

Started by Michael Rolls, June 16, 2022, 12:07:17 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Some months back I had trouble logging it to my TSB accounts - it claimed the details were wrong, even though they were not. Spoke to an advisor who asked if I used a desktop link - which I did. She advised me to stop doing so and go to the bank's website and sign in from there which I did from then on. Worked perfectly until yesterday, when once again the site claimed my details were wrong. Got in touch with TSB and explained and whilst talking to the advisor, tried logging in - same result. She asked what browser I was using - Google - and advised trying a different browser. Tried edge and everything worked fine! But WHY???
Mike [2080]  [2080]
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

That lovely old classic response..
'Have you tried turning everything off and then turning it on again' ?  :smiley:

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 16, 2022, 12:07:17 PMSome months back I had trouble logging it to my TSB accounts - it claimed the details were wrong, even though they were not. Spoke to an advisor who asked if I used a desktop link - which I did. She advised me to stop doing so and go to the bank's website and sign in from there which I did from then on. Worked perfectly until yesterday, when once again the site claimed my details were wrong. Got in touch with TSB and explained and whilst talking to the advisor, tried logging in - same result. She asked what browser I was using - Google - and advised trying a different browser. Tried edge and everything worked fine! But WHY???
Mike [2080]  [2080]

Because the B'stds are always changing 'cookies' to get round legislation, particularly 'Google'. I flush mine out entirely automatically, every time I log off the browser. Therefore I keep another browser rack for the few sites I retain cookies with. It has worked for two years, but every so often I too get the lock out scenario which a router re-boot seems to cure?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

weird - but as a computer ignoramus - just because they are out to get me doesn't render me paranoid. I hardly ever turn this computer - or for that matter, the others - off. Perhaps I should.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]