Strikes. Do You Believe in them?

Started by Raven, June 10, 2022, 11:14:15 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Now it's the Schools turn to be closed due to strikes.:wtf:
What the hell is wrong with these people, do they think they are the only ones who are struggling with the soaring costs?:angry:
They should be grateful they have a job and don't have to claim Unemployment, OR, live on the State Pension with no decent rises. We have to take the pittance we're given and like it or lump it.
First those damn train drivers, who are never satisifed, always want more and causing havoc when they don't get it, especially around Christmas year in year out. :boo:
Yesterday it was the Rubbish Collectors threatning to strike, today it's schools.
Who will it be tomorrow. :downvote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61752869

klondike

It will only get worse. We haven't had inflation like this for decades. Mind you the Bank of England hasn't been producing money out of fresh air for a government for decades either. That magic money tree crop is the cause of this.

Alex

No Maggie to sort them out these days !

klondike

Raven

Quote from: Alex on June 10, 2022, 11:22:34 AMNo Maggie to sort them out these days !

True, has nothing been learned from the Miner's Strike in the 80s? All that carry on and it did them no good. Instead it caused terrible hardships, split families, ect ect.
Sorry crabbyob I know you fully believed in it, but I don't belive in strikes, never have never will.

Scrumpy

I remember when car manufacturers where regularly on strike.. Trains and transport often downing tools..
 The unions get too big for their boots and then wonder why work goes abroad.. 
I doubt that there is such a thing as a 'poor' leader of a union.. It's the workers that suffer.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..