going to the dogs

Started by Michael Rolls, February 01, 2024, 10:17:27 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I've often heard people say that this country is going to the dogs. Frankly, I doubt any self respecting dog would want it!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Sad but true. But it is in the Governments power to change it, but they won't they prefer to let us be slowly taken over.
I'd have every one of them in the stocks if I could, and sales of rotting fruit ect would take off fast.

klondike

We've seen vast change in our lifetimes. I think Gen Z will probably see even bigger change. I expect when they get to our age range they'll see the current mess as the golden years.

One of my favourite old series...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_on_Mars_(British_TV_series)

The story of a (then) current day detective whisked back to 1973
The follow up was

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashes_to_Ashes_(British_TV_series)

My son bought an old Triumph Dolomite with the intention of restoring it (it still hasn't been). Its one claim to fame is that it appeared in one or other of those as a vehicle the head honcho DCI Gene Hunt (Philip Glennister) was forced to use because his Audi Quattro was unavailable for some reason and which he described as a pile of crap. I used to have the clip but can't find it. I do have all the episodes of both though but can't think of a way to find it quickly.

Raven

Yes I enjoyed Life on Mars, didn't really understand the strange dream like talks he used to have in his room. Wasn't so keen on the follow up though and stopped watching it.

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 01, 2024, 10:17:27 AMI've often heard people say that this country is going to the dogs. Frankly, I doubt any self respecting dog would want it!
Not going to the dogs; going to the muslims.
Many muslims are good, the professional ones for example, but many more can quickly turn out to be a real danger.

London, Leicester, Bradford, Birmingham, and many others already, but it is spreading.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: Raven on February 01, 2024, 10:56:27 AMYes I enjoyed Life on Mars, didn't really understand the strange dream like talks he used to have in his room. Wasn't so keen on the follow up though and stopped watching it.
The follow up did start going even stranger with the clown but I'm a fan of Keeley Hawes who seems to be able to change her appearance completely from role to role.

Michael Rolls

loved both series, and Keely s
is one of my all time favourites - but to cast her as Mrs. Durrell as my family, etc totally ridiculess'
[email protected]

Alex

I loved The Durrells ! lovely, non-violent, light hearted, scenic, silly but totally enjoyable series. :upvote:

Michael Rolls

the series was OK - but Mrs. Durrell in the book was fiftys, tubby and a worrier - far different from Keely!
[email protected]

Alex

I guess the producers aren't obliged to stick to the book. 

klondike

Just thank your lucky stars that the job wasn't handed to a non white actor. And not portayed as a lesbian either. A double win.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]