What have you been watching...

Started by zoony, April 30, 2022, 05:04:49 PM

« previous - next »

hugh

Rather than watching a good film I seemed to have got hooked into watching Dewbs & co on the GBNews channel. One discussion on the mass killing in the USA a bunch of arm policemen out side the class room, waited for back up rather than rescue the children. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Happy Golfer

klondike

Had a break from films and series recently but recently I started watching Fantastic Beasts the Secrets of Dumbledore and gave upon it. I gave upon Northmen too so that's two 2022 films I junked. Started on Bosch Legacy and have been enjoying that. 

I have a big backlog of stuff I ought to watch including rewatching Last Kingdom from the start as when I started to watch the new season I found I had forgotten who most of the characters were so need to recap.

I'm downloading the new Silent Witness season but may start with season 1 which means that lot will likely last me to Christmas,

Raven

I recorded an old horror film I'd not seen, had a good story line and creeped me right out. "The Changeling"

zoony

That rings a bell Raven but I'm not keen on horror.. All that suspense bores me.
Came across a tv series from the 80's called 'Chancer'. It stars a very young Gerard Butler and is the most God-awful piece of crape I've ever watched! Makes Crossroads look brilliant but it is, unintentionally, very funny.  :grin:  If you've missed any 80's cliches, language and fashion(!), you'll find them here.. Otherwise, The Offer, about the making of The Godfather, which is brilliant..Gaslit, also excellent

Alex

I'm watching Bosch the Legacy too klondike, the last episode 10 was on May 27th, now we have to wait until 2023 for series 2 to appear.
It's become my favourite cop show  :yay:
The Beauty Queen of Jerusalem is quite a change from Bosch, but I'm enjoying that too - apart from constant skipping from 1920 to 1938

klondike

I liked Justified as well. Two American cop shows I liked. Either I'm changing or American cop shows are.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on June 06, 2022, 10:28:11 PMI liked Justified as well. Two American cop shows I liked. Either I'm changing or American cop shows are.

I don't think I've looked at Justified, I'll give that a whirl.

zoony

Quote from: klondike on June 06, 2022, 10:28:11 PMI liked Justified as well. Two American cop shows I liked. Either I'm changing or American cop shows are.

Justified is 10 yrs old so not so new and not what I think of as a 'cop show' but I get what you mean... :smiley: But it is a damn good show and Tim Olyphant does an excellent job..plus you have Walton Goggins doin' his best hill-billy-with-a-brain..Really enjoyed it..

klondike

I'm just glad my memory is so bad. I'll be able to rewatch it in a year or so. I went through all the Veras again when the latest season was completed. I didn't solve any despite having seen them all before  :grin:

Maybe Midsomer Murders will get a third run with me later. I know I'm missing one episode but don't recall which. Maybe I'll check and try to find it. Daily Motion sometimes comes up trumps on ancient TV programs and I can download it from there.

Alex

I watched a film called Honour on Prime, I'd like to say it was an eye opener but it wasn't, I sort of knew about honour killings.  What did surprise me was the attitude of a family member a policeman in fact, towards his sister a Pakistani/British woman, who dared to date an Indian/British man. Quite sad.

klondike

I don't think there is a great deal of love lost between Indians and Pakistanis regardless of any question of honour.

Jacqueline

Not watching anything much on TV, it's such a load of rubbish.  The exception being Long Lost Family with the poor foundlings, and the woman swapped at birth, when a mistake was made in the middle of an air raid.  Also Stacey Dooly DNA Secrets, find this a facinating subject.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on June 12, 2022, 03:39:44 PMI watched a film called Honour on Prime, I'd like to say it was an eye opener but it wasn't, I sort of knew about honour killings.  What did surprise me was the attitude of a family member a policeman in fact, towards his sister a Pakistani/British woman, who dared to date an Indian/British man. Quite sad.

Fairly commonplace in the Burnley / Blackburn areas in the late 1980's early 1990's.

There was a layby, up on the moors, that bore the scorchmarks of a few gallons of 4 star for a number of years.

Asian families hired bounty hunters to track down a daughter,  who'd run away with a non-Asian man, usually white, in order for the honour killing to be facilitated & Asian police officers were complicit in helping the bounty hunters to trace the whereabouts of the girls.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Sounds about right Phil, how the mothers agree to "honour" killings I'll never know.   It was only a film, but the mother held her daughter down while the policeman son strangled his sister !

klondike

Finally started rewatching The Last Kingdom so I can watch the latest series without constantly wondering who everybody is. I'd forgotten how good it is. Still good on a second viewing despite knowing in advance quite a bit of what is to come.

I'll give the audiobooks another whirl once I've finished the TV series. They have had quite a few outings already and from well before the TV series was made. The disadvantage of audiobooks compared to Kindle or real books which I only rarely read these days is that if you nod off it's the devil's own job to find your place again. When you've already heard them a few times you don't need to bother....

I may even give the Sharpe books and TV another outing from the same author.