Lutfur Rahman

Started by Alex, May 07, 2022, 02:41:25 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Lutfur Rahman was banned from running for public office for five years in 2015 after being convicted of "corrupt and illegal practices"  such as vote-rigging, buying votes and religious intimidation.

He has just been re-elected Mayor of Tower Hamlets. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
It beggars belief.

klondike

Not in Tower Hamlets....

Michael Rolls

with a record like that, should have been for life
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on May 07, 2022, 02:41:25 PM
Lutfur Rahman was banned from running for public office for five years in 2015 after being convicted of "corrupt and illegal practices"  such as vote-rigging, buying votes and religious intimidation.

He'd have got a longer ban for fiddling the books as a company director.

He's Mayor of Tower Hamlets again & also founder of his own Aspire Party, which is more than unbelievable.

But he wouldn't have to worry about whistleblowers this time as he owns the party.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61358043
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

1955vintage

Another benefit of immigration and cultural exchange.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Michael Rolls

for which we are supposed to be grateful
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

What a complete berk. Low turnout and ideological nutters get in - this is their time alright!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Perhaps muslim voters will defect from the Labour party, vote in their own party and Bob's yer imam  :cool:

klondike

Lots of them but I doubt enough to get any MPs and certainly insufficient to challenge any of the main parties. Enough for the Labour party to cosy up to with their anti-semitism of course. If Labour lost the Muslim vote it would be yet another nail in their coffin.