70 years too late

Started by crabbyob, April 04, 2022, 12:38:15 PM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

i said this was 70 years too late becaus i was at school seventy years ago....

Raven

Quote from: crabbyob on April 05, 2022, 04:32:36 PM
i said this was 70 years too late becaus i was at school seventy years ago....

I wasn't.  :grin:

crabbyob

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

Quote from: Raven on April 05, 2022, 04:44:08 PM
I wasn't.  :grin:

Apropos nothing, is the Raven your clan animal?

Raven

Clan MacDougall is known to trace its ancestry from both the Gael and Norse cultures, as the founder Dougall (alternately Dougal or Dugall) had immediate family members of Norse descent. In order to strengthen these connections, it is believed that the animal symbol of the Raven was adopted.

zoony

Thank you. Clan MacDonald also I seem to think..Many Inuit have taken the Raven as one of their tribal gods too. Supposedly because of it's legendary ability to fly both backwards and upside-down..

Raven

I'm not sure how many have the Raven as one of their Mascots ect, but my favourite is the Clydesdale of Clan Forbes.

[automatically pruned due to age]

klondike

That's odd as I'd always thought ravens were supposed to be a bad omen and checking Google that is a common myth. The ones in the tower are a mixture. Ok while there but calamity should they leave.

Raven

Yes I knew about the Tower Ravens, I've been following a TV programme about them. :smiley:

Ravens are also here, they nest in the ruins of the tower of Thurso Castle, I see them nearly every day.

Scrumpy

Quote from: crabbyob on April 05, 2022, 10:02:24 AM
are you neighbours?

Just having my lunch.. Nearly choked on food when I read this reply..

Leave 'em laughing crabbyob.. :grin: :grin: :grin:  Safe journey..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Raven on April 06, 2022, 11:24:56 AM
Ravens are also here, they nest in the ruins of the tower of Thurso Castle, I see them nearly every day.
Not many ravens or crows around town and I see few ravens anywhere but I have noticed that crows always seem to be attracted to ruins for some reason - good roosting sites I suppose.

zoony

Quote from: Raven on April 06, 2022, 09:37:41 AM
I'm not sure how many have the Raven as one of their Mascots ect, but my favourite is the Clydesdale of Clan Forbes.

I see why... :grin: :grin:

crabbyob

is it the raven that has the hooked bill
there was one on our kitchen window and i have never seen such a hooked bill...

Raven

Ravens have a very slightly hooked bill, not a big curl.