buying on line could get dearer

Started by alfred, March 19, 2022, 10:07:11 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

With an abundance of price hikes coming our way in April and the cost of fuel in general makes me wonder how much home deliveries will cost as we buy on line,

i suppose any thing that is delivered will come with a cost as already even the postage stamps will from April cost that much more ,

so will people eat from home where as instead in the past restaurants were a nice place to have a meal out for what ever the reason , so as prices rise  wallets and purses will be ever more checked as many peopl will have as already said either heat or eat,

Q; have you any thoughts on how the economy will end, up as the cost of living is getting that much dearer, even though the television has constant adverts  for ever asking for donations in many fields,

Scrumpy

I only give to local charities.. Too many people having 'dibs' in the larger ones.. Anyway it is getting ridiculous with so many charities asking for money..
And what about  'Go Fund Me' ! where people ask for others to donate cash because they need help. One bloke asked people to help pay for work in his garden that was in a crap  state and his children were not able to  use it.!! We would all like designer gardens.!   
I must look after number one now.. and that is me.. Things are becoming more difficult.. and I can't see it changing for a long while..
I spend LESS with online shopping because a shopping trip .. and seeing all the goods.. encourages me to spend more money..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

So far, having a weekly Tesco delivery saves me time, money and hassle -long may it continue. As an example, although nothing food associated, My late b-i-l used to collect my laundry, drop it together with their own, and bring mine back to me - so I only had to pay the actual laundry charge. Now, without Paul, I would have to drive to Perth, find somewhere to park, drive home, then when it was ready, drive to Perth, find somewhere to park, pick up and pay for the laundry and drive home - that's a tenner on petrol before anything else. Thankfully, my cleaning lady is happy to do the laundry for me - so she gets the £20 instead of most of it being effectively wasted. It would be the same sort of story with food shopping.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]