thinking about food,

Started by alfred, June 30, 2022, 03:20:53 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

The other day i said to my wife i fancy a bacon sandwich , she replied ill join you, then i had a second thought and said i think ill add an egg, and so it grew a simple idea ended up with fried slices, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, and mushrooms, followed by, indigestion ,

well my wife was pleased and enjoyed the meal, so i wonder is it me when an idea about food starts off as a simple thought and ends up entirely different ,

Q; have you had a similar thoughts when thinking about food, thinking what can i cook, or eat   for  a change ??.................any ideas, ??

klondike

The trend is likely to be a move from grandiose to simple here when it comes to getting the job done with a rumbling stomach.

-Oy-

Can't beat a good bacon butty!

Maybe with a sausage or two.

Fried egg on?

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Alex

Bacon butty is my favourite too.  Tonight I'm having gammon with American salt & pepper Steakhouse Fries - from Lidl, they've got an American week on this week, all sorts of delights on offer  :grin:

Scrumpy

I enjoy a bacon sandwich... It must be fresh white bread..
Crispy streaky or back bacon ..I don't mind..
No sauces..  
Oh yes!! And BUTTER on the bread..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Floydy

Gotta be unsmoked bacon though for me. We bought a gammon joint the other day, really enjoyed it one day with new potatoes veg and a pineapple ring, another day with a salad and today in sandwiches. Really got our money's worth out of it. Top tip, soak it in water for a bit first to minimise its saltiness.