Taking The Knee At Football Matches

Started by Alex, August 02, 2022, 12:30:31 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

PL captains are set to confirm whether they will continue to take the knee next season - with doubts emerging whether the gesture has the backing of all squads.

Players have backed the anti-racism symbol for more than two seasons, taking a knee before every game.

Now though, some feel as if the gesture needs to be dropped but a final decision won't be confirmed until early this week, ahead of the new Premier League season.

Could the timing be something to do with the World Cup being held in Quatar? a country not renowned for human rights. 
What really annoyed me about this whole farce was that the FA, and particularly the England Manager refused to see that many, many people associated this gesture with BLM and George Floyd.

Scrumpy

Derek Chauvin, the police officer who rested his knee on Floyd's neck, was responsible for BLM.. 
 He must be kicking himself... :wtf:  :nooo: :boo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

BLM is older than the Floyd incident.

Our media has been very quiet about Oladeji Adeyemi Omishore who died after being shot by police in London in April.

Alex

That's the guy who was tasered and jumped over a barrier into the Thames he died two days later.  There'll be an enquiry no doubt.

Scrumpy

Sorry.. What I meant is that Derek Chauvin and the Floyd incident did more for  BLM than anyone could have imagined..
 I had never heard of the movement before this time and I suspect many others hadn't ..
 Floyd was hailed as a hero and millions were made.. for some.. 
The white people became less popular than any other race.. and we were put in our place by the minority who went on to become the majority.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy