saving the planet

Started by Michael Rolls, February 21, 2022, 07:30:33 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Tesco deliveries used to come with a single sheet of A4 receipt detailing what had been delivered, plus, if appropriate, a note of any substitutions, etc.. Now they send an on-line receipt - it runs to 5 sheets of A4.
Probably the thought process of a character disappointed not to have been the originator of 'non-birthing parent' or the like
Mike  :1020: :1020:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I had a delivery this morning.. 
It included a paper list of my order.. I asked the guy about this and switching to online display.. He said that Tesco have been talking of it for a couple of years..
It isn't happening in this area as yet..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Michael Rolls

So Tesco save one sheet of A4 a week, resulting in me having to print off FIVE sheets. Saving the planet? Does not compute
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

why are you printing them off Mike?

klondike

Maybe there was no substitute provided for the bog rolls?  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Quote from: crabbyob on February 22, 2022, 01:47:25 PM
why are you printing them off Mike?
To have a record of the delivery so I can sort out what to order further down the line
Mike
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I don't get a paper receipt from Sainsbury's, but I don't print anything off. When I order, all the regular stuff comes up in Favourites, but if I need to check, its there in an email.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Michael Rolls on February 22, 2022, 06:16:38 PM
To have a record of the delivery so I can sort out what to order further down the line
Mike
Thinking it over, next week I'll copy the receipt into Word and condense it down. Five pages is ridiculous. All I need is a note of what I have ordered so I can plan ahead without missing things or over duplicating
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

You could use it from word without printing it at all. Don't forget to knock off the weekly order of A4 and printer ink too  :grin:

Michael Rolls

[2090]
Actually, I keep a spreadsheet of what I have ordered to guide my future purchases - much easier than hunting through the freezers! However, this only covers meals - most of the other stuff is automatically reordered but it's easier to flip through a few sheets of paper than anything else.
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

I was just going to suggest dont delete the email for a while

Michael Rolls

honestly - my way suits for me - much easier to flick through half a dozen sheets of paper - one per week - than having to hunt down six emails spread over a six week period, especially as I keep the Tesco emails in their own folder, and it is very, very rare for me not to amend an order at least three times before delivery is due
Mike
[email protected]