Peaky Blinders

Started by Alex, April 10, 2022, 12:55:45 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I started to watch this programme from the beginning, well from episode two. It was dark and dismal as I remember and very violent.  I persevered and I'm now on episode 4.  Everybody can't be wrong about this show can they ?  :cool:  I'm assured it gets better.  :upvote:

p.s. In one scene, I caught a glimpse of the razor blades in their caps, which I understand is how they came to be called Peaky Blinders.

Scrumpy

It is violent and many of the scenes are dark.. It is supposed to provide atmosphere..
It is worse for me because they speak with a Birmingham accent.. I am not sure what they are saying..   Yet I still enjoyed it..

I saw a documentary recently.. 'The Real Peaky Blinders'..
It was brilliant.. and battle between different street yobs started the ball rolling..
The police were scared to enter certain areas..
It stopped when a new (head of police) police  employed men from Ireland to police the streets.. They were tough...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

It's also dark cos there wasn't a lot of light after night had fallen in those days. Feeble street lights and rendered wax candles didn't cast much cheer.

Alex

Alex

I've watched 5 series now  :grin:, the 6th in on Netflix in June.   It has been good, a bit violent though. :ugh:
I'm now starting Anatomy of a Scandal about a wife-cheating MP  :grin:  I knew the MP's face from somewhere else and the wonderful Google says he was in U.S. series Homeland.  I've only watched the first episode, so far so good.

Scrumpy

So pleased that you have enjoyed Peaky Blinders  Alex..
Series 6 is the final one.. The first 2 episodes are boring... but stick with it.. Brilliant ending.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..