Talking to the animals ,.

Started by alfred, January 24, 2022, 09:40:14 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Yes I'm writing about people including my family who like to talk to their animals , and yet although these beautiful animals cannot talk back to us how ever they seem to have the uncanny knack of making us understand what they want,

for example we like cats and dogs , how ever we have had cats all our married life, , well when i put cat food down be  it jelly, of gravy our cat Smokey will stare me, my wife, or daughter out, and stand waiting for his biscuits, if we don't put any down after a very short period he will meow very loudly as if to say wheres the rest of it .

he really loves his soft cat biscuits and he lets us know ,
when we come back form shopping he gets all excited and looks into the bags of shopping as he knows we always get him a tasty treat , or some times a toy ,

even when we talk to him I'm sure he understands as he looks at us wondering whose lap he is going to sit on,

Q; what animals have you got and will you share your story about them with us,.

Michael Rolls

sadly, no longer have any, but until 15/2/2019 there was always at least one animal in my house, often, in the early days, more. Fleur, our CKC Spaniel was a delight - and very good at conveying the 'message' especially if food was involved. After I lost Veronica, Fleur was very reluctant to let me out of her sight, following me around the house (she slept on the bed and had done for years) and didn't really like me shutting the bathroom door on her!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

1955vintage

I swear at my basset hound, she ignores me.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

hugh

My little Roxy came to me 10 years ago 4 years of age for an holiday. No one would look after her, because she was aggressive to all dogs. It was my nephew next door who asked me to look after her. He owned a staffy. I love dogs and I felt something wasn't quite right. My feeling was correct when I opened the gate on our adjoining gardens they started playing together. The trouble was she had been kept on a lead, and was pulled away when any other dog came near. The problem took time but solution easy, each time we met another dog I pick her up under my arm and gave the strange dog a treat, then lower Roxy down to smell and get to know the dog. Within a few days she was very different, and the owner ask me if I wanted her. To this day I still carry a pocket full of treats and every dog in the area know it :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Happy Golfer

Sheila

Our cat is about 18 months old now and treats Paul and I differently.  He loves cuddles from me but if Paul picks him up for a cuddle, the cat holds his head as far away from Paul as possible as though he has bad breath (he doesn't)!  Paul makes a good slave and is taken out into the garden for a game of football when the cat is bored.

The cat loves to get into bed with me and I cover him with the quilt and hold him tight and the purr rattles the bed.

Scrumpy

Our family have Lottie and Bertie..
I talk to them when they come to stay.. I tell Bertie to 'Shut up'.. because he has plenty to say..
I tell Lottie that I love her.. She is only a puppy and when she gets something right she looks at me as if to say.. 'Did I do well' ?
Bertie is smart.. He sits near the cupboard that contains the treats..Lottie is still trying to work out where I get them from..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

i have always talked to animals, all animals, but best not to look them in the eye [dogs] but its ok with cats... my first wife thought i was crazy [but wouldnt have an animal in the house] my second had three cats and a Doberman....

klondike

Alex

I've had cats all my life, my Mum & Dad were both animal lovers.  My last two cats George and Holly were both 15/16 when they died. George thought he was a dog and chased a visiting dog from next door back into the house ! He scaled the fence and ran after the dog, he was such a character.
I'd love another cat, but I don't think I could go through that loss again.  My son has two Beagles, they're my grand-dogs and they're absolute nutters.

George
pic

Michael Rolls

this is the thing -I could not bear going through losing a pet the way I lost Fleur in 2019
Mike
[email protected]

Sheila

Michael Rolls

George was so lovely - so missed
Mike
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Beautiful cat Alex.. I love cats..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

George came from a rescue place, I didn't chose him but he chose me I think.  :grin:

Michael Rolls

he made a good choice
Mike 👍👍
[email protected]