First instalment of £400 energy grant received

Started by GrannyMac, October 03, 2022, 04:18:07 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Thats good. OH hasn't felt the need to have the heating on yet, except first thing because our bathroom is the coldest room in the house!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 06, 2022, 07:36:26 AMour bathroom is the coldest room in the house!
Same here. I get up twice and shower when the house has warmed up.

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 06, 2022, 03:35:49 AMI'm lucky enough to be able to afford these obscene costs - I know many folk will be struggling. This was our home. We were happy here and I still have the memories. Hopefully, the only way that I will leave it is in a box.
I can economise a bit on electricity - I'm a cold soul, but an extra layer of clothing and not heating the whole house to 22C or so is sensible under the current circumstances.
Mike
You can acclimatise yourself to the cold so that you can tolerate it.

I haven't switched on the CH function yet & I'm ok in a tee shirt.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I'm trying (yes, I know, very trying :grin: ) but it will take a while, I guess
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I had my DD set to the recommended for the prior cap level. It was over 50% more than I had been paying and has built a £460 surplus. They have since reduced my DD by £67 - still more than it was pre the cap rises but less than I paid over the summer. I hope with some economies I will see out the winter with the account in balance.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 06, 2022, 10:17:24 AMI had my DD set to the recommended for the prior cap level. It was over 50% more than I had been paying and has built a £460 surplus. They have since reduced my DD by £67 - still more than it was pre the cap rises but less than I paid over the summer. I hope with some economies I will see out the winter with the account in balance.
Our account is £400 in credit but now that we're on a variable DD I will expect the credit to be refunded in full as, going forward, we'll never be in credit or debit as we'll pay for whatever energy we've used in the billing month.

I've also asked Shell to upgrade our SMETS1 meters to SMETS2 meters as the SMETS2 IHDs have more features than the very basic SMETS1 IHDs.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

No heating here yet.. Lovely sunny day..
I get out of bed and straight into the shower.. I don't hang around ... 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..