Crabby

Started by Sheila, February 16, 2022, 01:50:16 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

crabbyob, I have had a lovely morning.  I was supposed to be going to an exercise class with a neighbour but she suggested we go to the garden centre instead!  We were having a coffee and I had a fit of coughing so took myself off to use my inhaler.  As I came back to the table a lady said 'I think I know you'.  I looked at her face and said 'yes, but I can't remember where from'.

It was Goa and she has an amazing memory.  We had a lovely chat and I gave her our phone number so I hope she gets in touch.  She said that one of the waiters from the Dona Sylvia has died of Covid.  She exchanges emails with one of the jewellers in Cavellosim.

It was a funny morning.  I recognised a man who used to be a customer of the bank where I worked about 20 years ago.  He came up to me a few minutes later in the cafe and said 'HSBC'.  I laughed and asked if he had been wracking his brain wondering where he knew me from.  He had!

Alex

You weren't in the Whitby Road branch were you Sheila ?  :grin: :grin:

crabbyob

on my birthday my first happy birthday came from Goa...sigh

Alex

Is it your birthday today crabbyob  ?

Sheila

Quote from: Alex on February 16, 2022, 01:53:23 PM
You weren't in the Whitby Road branch were you Sheila ?  :grin: :grin:

No, but I was very happy to leave and go and work for one of the customers.

Alex

I've been with HSBC in the Port since 1984  :grin: :grin: that would have been a coincidence !

Sheila

The lady I bumped into this morning is from The Port!

Scrumpy

You stepped back in time Shelia.. Wonderful..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

Quote from: Alex on February 16, 2022, 02:20:04 PM
Is it your birthday today crabbyob  ?
it was my Birthday yesterday.... the firebrigade refused permission to light all the candles

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Late as usual  :embarrassed: Hope you had a good day.

[automatically pruned due to age]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Lovely card Raven.  I'm useless at posting photographs etc. and must try harder  :smiley:

Scrumpy

I have just learned how to put a link up.. I will try and put pics up..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..