aclimatisation

Started by Michael Rolls, October 14, 2022, 12:34:44 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

A week or two back, Phil commented that it was possible to become acclimatised to a lower temperature in the house.
'Rubbish' I thought to myself - 'he hasn't come across me shivering when the glass drops.
So - for a couple of weeks now, I have had the house around 17/18C instead of my normal 21/22C. To be fair, I am wearing more clothes than usual - but I am coping
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

That's good Mike  :upvote:  My heating isn't on yet, apart from two hours to heat the water in the morning.  I've got a Condensing boiler it must be about 8 or 9 years old now, I'm hoping it will "see me out "  :clap:
I have been using an oil filled radiator to heat the bathroom mornings before I have my shower.  I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not, which is more expensive Gas or Leccy  ?  :hmm:

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on October 14, 2022, 01:15:33 PMThat's good Mike  :upvote:  My heating isn't on yet, apart from two hours to heat the water in the morning.  I've got a Condensing boiler it must be about 8 or 9 years old now, I'm hoping it will "see me out "  :clap:
I have been using an oil filled radiator to heat the bathroom mornings before I have my shower.  I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not, which is more expensive Gas or Leccy  ?  :hmm:
Electricity is more expensive than gas per kWh, but a gas boiler uses more kWh that an electric oil-filled radiator, so it depends on which device is running the longer to heat your bathroom.

I would estimate that the oil-filled radiator will be more cost-effective for heating one small room enough to take off the chill.

October 14, 2022, 02:03:09 PM
Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 14, 2022, 12:34:44 PMA week or two back, Phil commented that it was possible to become acclimatised to a lower temperature in the house.
'Rubbish' I thought to myself - 'he hasn't come across me shivering when the glass drops.
So - for a couple of weeks now, I have had the house around 17/18C instead of my normal 21/22C. To be fair, I am wearing more clothes than usual - but I am coping
Mike
I'm still wearing just a tee shirt (well not quite, but you know what I mean  :grin:) & I cope ok at 16c / 15c.

The room temperatures haven't been any lower yet.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

"  I would estimate that the oil-filled radiator will be more cost-effective for heating one small room enough to take off the chill.  "
Thanks Phil :upvote:

Raven

Our heating has not been on at all yet, just the fire in the evenings. I suppose I should bung it on for an hour just to make sure everything's working ok.  :hmm: