Our Future Prime Minister

Started by Alex, April 10, 2024, 12:07:44 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Muslims will vote for Muslims..
Khan being their anchor..
They are not going anywhere soon.. They are growing..
Becoming more powerful.. I doubt anyone could burst that bubble..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

London is a false reading for the rest of the UK.  Lots of places are still almost all white British.  However, I think there's going to be an almighty backlash at some point. 🙄
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on April 28, 2024, 04:29:41 PMLondon is a false reading for the rest of the UK.  Lots of places are still almost all white British.  However, I think there's going to be an almighty backlash at some point. 🙄
London is a false reading for much of the UK, I agree.  However, London isn't alone.  

I was born and brought up in Bradford.  In 1952, and for several years afterward you would never see a black or brown face.  In the late '60s, perhaps, I remember there being black people, West Indians, who were mostly the same religion as my parents: Christians.  I don't remember any trouble from them in those days.

It was in the mid-'70s when brown people began to appear, presumably from Pakistan (as that was the nationality that people referred to).  Even so, there was no trouble, although one family upset my dad who had an off-licence shop and the only telephone locally.  He was kind enough to allow them to make use of his telephone, only to find out soon afterwards that they were ordering in goods for sale in a shop on the next corner which they then opened.  We lost a lot of trade afterwards, as more of those people moved into the area.  I suppose they had done nothing illegal, but my dad was very annoyed with them for obvious reasons.  We moved away soon afterwards.  

That was about 40 years ago.  Things have become very much worse now.  Most of Bradford is non-white; there are more mosques than churches; and there are actually some parts of the city in which it is dangerous for white people to enter.

I should suggest that Bradford certainly isn't alone either.  As we all know, there are several other English cities and towns like Bradford and London.  I'm sure that there will be even more before very much longer.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Which places are almost all white British ?
 :hmm:

GrannyMac

GrannyMac

JBR, I don't recall ever seeing a non-white person til the late 60s in Dundee.  I remember it was when an Asian family took over a local shop.   Moved to Doncaster a few years later, and at first we lived in a cheap area, our neighbours included Indians, West Indians and Pakistanis.  The area now is full of Eastern Europeans.  Then we bought a house in a pit village, exclusively white! 

We moved to a suburb where there were other incomers, and good schools.  There were a few Asian families, one who'd made lots of money on the markets, and others who worked at the hospital.  Their kids were bright! 

dextrous63

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 28, 2024, 07:36:45 PMWhich places are almost all white British ?
 :hmm:
I'd guess that quite a lot of small villages are all-white, but I'm pretty certain that there are few if any large towns or cities which are.

April 28, 2024, 09:27:30 PM
Ah, but Knutsford and Macclesfield are about ten miles to the south of us.

Ten miles to the north is Manchester, which is a different kettle of fish!

Being equidistant from both, I feel that our locality is quite a decent place.  Not as posh as the former, but nowhere near as bad as the latter.
Yes, there are a small number of brownies here, but they are exceptionally good people, at least the ones I know.

GrannyMac

You're right JBR the cities are far more diverse, its the same in Scotland, although around 96% of the population there is white.  Wales and the North East of England are generally the least diverse. 

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/uk-population-by-ethnicity/national-and-regional-populations/regional-ethnic-diversity/latest/#:~:text=London%20(13.5%25)%20and%20the,1.6%25)%20had%20the%20lowest

Scrumpy

Reigate is mostly white area.. Rarely see non-whites..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

1955vintage

I went to a school in Kent for seven years from 1966 to 1973. There were 500 pupils, in seven years we had two black kids, both sons of Nigerian workers who had moved to UK, and not one Asian.

Otherwise, it was white.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

The fact that there are specific areas with high immigrant population is a direct result of the push for multiculturalism rather than integration. A big mistake imo.

How often do you hear comments along the lines of "He's coloured/Indian/Muslim but he's ok". The ones that are accepteted will be those who made the effort to integrate. The rest just lead to tensions and resentments. You only have to read a lot of the posts here to see that. Mostly "He's" too as many of the women are simply kept away from those nasty British whose country they live in.

How many immigrants or even second and third generation women of some cultures simply can't speak any English? Don't tell me I don't speak Punjabi, Swahili, Arabic, whatever - I shouldn't need to as I chose to stay in my country of birth speaking the national laguage.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 29, 2024, 09:37:08 AMThe fact that there are specific areas with high immigrant population is a direct result of the push for multiculturalism rather than integration. A big mistake imo.

How often do you hear comments along the lines of "He's coloured/Indian/Muslim but he's ok". The ones that are accepteted will be those who made the effort to integrate. The rest just lead to tensions and resentments. You only have to read a lot of the posts here to see that. Mostly "He's" too as many of the women are simply kept away from those nasty British whose country they live in.

How many immigrants or even second and third generation women of some cultures simply can't speak any English? Don't tell me I don't speak Punjabi, Swahili, Arabic, whatever - I shouldn't need to as I chose to stay in my country of birth speaking the national laguage.
Exactly.  The difference between those immigrants we should welcome and those we should reject is simply 'integration'.

That explains why certain cities are becoming predominantly muslim is that most of them, at least those in such places, choose not to integrate and, instead, want to take control of their chosen locations.  This itself encourages even more of them to choose specific places in order to feel more at home and, disturbingly, more in control.

Many of those muslims who are a real asset to the country, choose to live alongside white British.  The obvious reason is that they wish to integrate rather than take over.

GrannyMac

I totally agree klondike. In the more upmarket areas, where the immigrant population is more educated and higher earning, there is more integration.  The numbers are less of course. Its areas that have been taken over by people with different cultures and standards where the problems have mainly arisen.

Lots of truth in your post too JBR.  Bradford is a prime example.