Bank Charges

Started by Alex, April 15, 2023, 09:28:23 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Saw this on another site

Raven

Michael Rolls

I still use cash, although not as much as I used to.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 16, 2023, 03:29:22 AMI still use cash, although not as much as I used to.

Me too, always got around £60 in my purse, still use it quite a lot for various things, and don't want to lose it. Cards are fine but what happens when the machines or the banks go down, as they have a habit of doing here, had to fall back on cash a few times. :worried:

GrannyMac

Window cleaner, hairdresser, nail tech all get paid in cash. Local greengrocer and butcher too. Went to the theatre last night, bought the grandkids ice cream and paid for the cab, in cash. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Quote from: GrannyMac on April 16, 2023, 07:51:41 AMWindow cleaner, hairdresser, nail tech all get paid in cash. Local greengrocer and butcher too. Went to the theatre last night, bought the grandkids ice cream and paid for the cab, in cash. 

Exactly, I couldn't cope without cash. My Chiropodist who comes to the house refuses to use one of the mobile card payment things, he says for every payment the bank charges him, same story with the Window Cleaner. Banks IMO are too bloody good at charging/robbing the people who use them. LONG LIVE CASH.  :yay:

klondike

I pretty much only use card these days. I can't recall when I last used cash.

Michael Rolls

I used it on Friday. I will almost crtainly use it at some time in the coming week
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

I use cash and will use it more as I don't like the idea of as cashless society with the potential of big brother and the government controlling your bank account.

Scrumpy

I think the bank charges against small businesses is scandalous.. No wonder our high street is closing down..
The banks are greedy..
I use my card when shopping online or any large purchase.. I give cash to any work carried out privately on my home.. Perhaps they are fiddling the tax man.. who cares..  I bet there are people far richer than me who are fiddling the tax man.. Even those in Parliament are on the fiddle..
 For the past few months our multistorey car park is cash only..  so I do carry some cash..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..