it pays to shop about ,

Started by alfred, June 10, 2022, 07:48:34 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Very recently in the past month or so my tower system packed up and so when looking around i decided being that tower systems are gradually phasing out i best switch back to the lap top, my old one also having packed up being as i had had it for over twelve years and it was very out dated as it wouldn't down load much and of course the speed had got slower and slower so again out with the old and in with a 
replacement laptop which was a Toshiba 15.6 windows 10 with ssd  i was surprised how ever with the price which having seen many identical models same make etc 
how ever all i paid for a free delivery was over £40.00 cheaper simply by looking and surfing the net and which had a three month guarantee as well ,it had been  refurbished , by a Microsoft  authorized company which   thoroughly checked the laptop out with replacement parts ,  so that it was fast and sharper than my old laptop and tower system,

Q, with rising prices for me it was worth the effort simply surfing the net ,
have you found a bargain when on line surfing , if so will you tell us about t,

Scrumpy

No, I haven't found any bargains.. They see me coming.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Maybe they got some CCTV kit cheap?  :grin:

Michael Rolls

I get groceries on-line from Tesco. If they have to substitute they only charge the lower price of either what you ordered or the replacement. Couple of weeks ago I ordered a 1 litre bottle of Gordons gin - £21. Out of stock, so they sent me two 75cl bottles - for £21 - list price £31 - can't be bad
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

-Oy-

We need new built in double oven. We wondered why the former owners of our bungallow were kind enough to leave us a new looking but cheap microwave. It's becasue the oven is knackered!

Anyhoo... several people local have recommended the same local place for white goods. Their prices cannot be beaten they say. So I looked and found one that looks good.

Checked Curry's and got the same one £75 cheaper once delivery, fitting and recycling the old one is factored in.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Jacqueline

Quote from: -Oy- on June 10, 2022, 10:37:14 AMWe need new built in double oven. We wondered why the former owners of our bungallow were kind enough to leave us a new looking but cheap microwave. It's becasue the oven is knackered!

Anyhoo... several people local have recommended the same local place for white goods. Their prices cannot be beaten they say. So I looked and found one that looks good.

Checked Curry's and got the same one £75 cheaper once delivery, fitting and recycling the old one is factored in.
That's a bit sneaky leaving you with a knackered oven.  Many houses we have looked at have these posh looking range cookers that they are leaving behind, maybe that's the reason why.  Personally I wouldn't know what to do with one of these as I hate cooking anyway and would get rid of it.  Would rather take my own old small electric cooker with me,  although one or two viewers have asked if it's staying, I said if you want it, but why would you want anyone else's cooker? obviously in your case it was fitted in, but a freestanding one somebody else has been cooking in?

Another thing, as nice as some folks fitted kitchens look in houses we view, I know I would never be happy as the cupboards would be in the wrong places for me, I would rather put my own kitchen in as we have done in every house we have ever owned.  Lots of Pan Drawers, when pulled out everything is on show and saves you bending down to the dark recesses of base units.