President Biden to stand in 2024 ? surely not.

Started by Alex, November 11, 2022, 05:30:38 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I get my words mixed up sometimes, but then I'm not President of anything :cool:  :cool: 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1591094102795628544

klondike

Will he even still be standing then?

We are in no position to criticise the Yank's choice of leader given the ones we've had of late. Mind you we had no say in most of those....

Alex

Quote from: klondike on November 11, 2022, 05:32:57 PMWill he even still be standing then?

We are in no position to criticise the Yank's choice of leader given the ones we've had of late. Mind you we had no say in most of those....

Exactly, we had no say in the last two, the American people will have a say in whether this poor old fart "stands"  again.  It's quite sad and I've said before, why doesn't his wife step in, if she loves him she would.

klondike

Scrumpy

Very handsome in his youth..

Poor man.. He's just a puppet .. Even those pulling his strings are tugging at the wrong ones..
He should retire.. 
Trump is making some kind of (surprise) statement  on Tuesday.. Now, I wonder what it could be.. !!

November 11, 2022, 06:36:00 PM
This country has seen a few idiots in charge..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Trump is beginning to look like a busted flush from what I can make out.

Scrumpy

' A busted flush' !!
Never heard that saying before..

Alex

I agree, the 'Mid Terms' didn't go as he'd planned but his ego is so big he'll probably announce another crack at the White House.  If he stood aside and backed Ron DeSantis, the Republicans might walk it.

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 11, 2022, 06:44:44 PM' A busted flush' !!
Never heard that saying before..

Originates from poker. A flush is all cards of a single suit and quite a high scoring hand. A busted flush is when you don't quite make it then at best you have a pair which is probably close to worthless. Not always though if the other player was only bluffing.

Alex

Cassandra

Yes I feel sad for him (sleepy Joe), but not the movement behind him, indeed they are odious. The individual 'States' have many autonomous rights out here, far different from the UK. Hence they are the 'United' states of America. I prefer their route to Presidential election. They can't understand the idiocy of how Injun Joe was rejected and then got in after seven weeks with no public involvement! To hear myself attempting explanation is like listening to the ravings of a propagandist. Trump raises very high feelings across America both ways - he calls DeSantos, 'DeSanctimonious'! 

Perhaps though the younger man would attract more 'swing' votes and be a healing candidate for the Republicans? This contest might have sealed Trump's fate once and for all?

Michigan State has a divided governance where neither party holds a trifecta. Prior to the latest mid terms The Democratic Party controls the office of governor, (now affirmed again) while the Republican Party controlled both chambers of the state legislature. Our county is Republican and overall the socio-economic map is split, taking in essentially the left wingers in Detroit and Right leaning Northern Counties like my own.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Flying Bomb

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on November 11, 2022, 09:43:06 PMReally good looking couple weren't they !
The all American boy..

November 12, 2022, 08:24:42 AM
Quote from: klondike on November 11, 2022, 08:43:30 PMOriginates from poker. A flush is all cards of a single suit and quite a high scoring hand. A busted flush is when you don't quite make it then at best you have a pair which is probably close to worthless. Not always though if the other player was only bluffing.

I can play poker.. 

Ashy

A busted flush is also when you pull the chain and the cistern falls on your head.

Scrumpy