At last a sentence not suspended !

Started by Alex, September 25, 2023, 07:37:43 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

A man from Newcastle has been caught on CCTV, callously throwing his Pomeranian into railings and then into the River Wear.

Stephen Peveller, 48, has been sentenced to 27 months in prison for causing "unnecessary suffering" to his pet who died in the icy river.  I hope he's not allowed an appeal.

GrannyMac

What is wrong with some people! I hope so too.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

I hope he makes new friends in the showers who are dog lovers.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

dextrous63

If Clarkson had written about hating Peveller on a cellular level and that Peveller should be paraded naked with people throwing excrement at him, then he (Clarkson) would have been applauded and rightly so.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

When I was still living in my home village, the steward of our Working Mens' Club was walking his dog when a youth kicked it.

With no more ado, Maurice picked up the lad & threw him through a plate glass shop window.

He did end up in court, but only for causing criminal damage to the shop window. Lol

Of course, after that it was open season for all of us to batter the lad when we saw him.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

fitting punishment, although Maurice might have been better advised to kick the little sod - windows are expensive!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 26, 2023, 07:19:48 AMfitting punishment, although Maurice might have been better advised to kick the little sod - windows are expensive!
I'm sure that the club members would have sorted out the window.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

What a cruel bastard..  I hope he meets some big, big blokes in the shower.. 
 Let the women get at him.. WE would cut his balls off.. without anesthetic.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Why do these people do such things?
Answer: because they can!
No suitable punishments.  A few days in a cosy prison with all mod cons and then given lots of help upon release.

Crime pays in broken Britain.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I think it said he was homeless in a hotel in the story I read.

Alex

And another, are judges starting to lsten at last  ?

A Yorkshire man has been jailed after stabbing, slashing and strangling horses in a field.  Luke Ward, 37, caused 'serious injuries' to the animals and even tied a shoelace tightly around a horse's neck in attempt to strangle it. Three other horses were also found injured - including one that had a deep cut and long slash to the side of their neck.  45 months in prison 

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 26, 2023, 02:52:04 PMAnd another, are judges starting to lsten at last  ?

A Yorkshire man has been jailed after stabbing, slashing and strangling horses in a field.  Luke Ward, 37, caused 'serious injuries' to the animals and even tied a shoelace tightly around a horse's neck in attempt to strangle it. Three other horses were also found injured - including one that had a deep cut and long slash to the side of their neck.  45 months in prison 

A year and a half in prison is no deterrent.
He should be stabbed, slashed and strangled whilst in prison, and have a shoelace tied tightly around his neck.

Poetic justice is the very best and most appropriate punishment.  Whatever evil they do, should be repaid in kind, and if they know that such will follow I'm sure they'd think again.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

I agree with you JBR, but the last few weeks stronger sentences have been given out a few times so I'm just wondering if judges are at last hearing what the public wants.